Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my sunroof button might be on the fritz. In the past I would pull back the button once and the sunroof would open up completely, but now it takes about 8 times to open completely. Anyone have any sugestions?

As read about the "tunnel mode" feature in another forum site... sounds like a good feature -- Tunnel mode is pushing and holding the recirculate button on your air conditioning unit and it will automatically close all windows and the sunroof -if you have one.
This was put into place as a convenient feature since the air in tunnels is usually stale or polluted from accumulating exhaust fumes. Once youre out of the tunnel, press and hold again and it will return your windows and sunroof right back to where they were before you went into tunnel mode.

·
Registered
C230K
4 Posts
I think my sunroof button might be on the fritz. In the past I would pull back the button once and the sunroof would open up completely, but now it takes about 8 times to open completely. Anyone have any sugestions?
Not sure, but it sounds like the sunroof needs to be re-synced. Mine did that about a month ago, and that's how I fixed it. The information on how to do it is in the owner man.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
If your car is a 2003 coupe or any year sedan or wagon, tunnel mode should be fully func...

If your car is a 2003 coupe or any year sedan or wagon, tunnel mode should be fully functional. If you have a 2002 coupe, the roof probably won't close using tunnel mode. If this is the case, the dealer can enable it using the DAS.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order...

I would try resynchronising the switch firstly, but if not, a trip to the dealer might be necessary.

As read about the "tunnel mode" feature in another forum site... sounds like a good feature
This feature was first introduced on the S-class in 1999. Personally, I find it more as a toy since I always drive with the windows up to keep the dust out [:)]

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
I don't know.

But my dealer did enable the roof at the last service. They didn't know how, but took my word for it, since I gave them instructions on removing the "NO PHONE" message an for setting "NAV" to present so instructions from my Euro COMAND could be displayed on the MFD. The tech and my service advisor pulled a 2003 into the bay next to mine, hooked up another DAS and spent the afternoon comparing menus. They said it was a very enlighening experience.

·
Registered
2001 W203 C240
79 Posts
Re: I don't know.

But my dealer did enable the roof at the last service. They didn't know how, but took my word for it, since I gave them instructions on removing the "NO PHONE" message an for setting "NAV" to present so instructions from my Euro COMAND could be displayed on the MFD. The tech and my service advisor pulled a 2003 into the bay next to mine, hooked up another DAS and spent the afternoon comparing menus. They said it was a very enlighening experience.
wow.. did u have to pay labor?

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Re: Re: I don't know.

wow.. did u have to pay labor?

No, they changed several items with the DAS for free while the car was in for Service A and some minor warranty items.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Chuck...

Thanks! Every time I see that I think, no kidding.
I had mine turned off a couple of weeks ago. Using the DAS, go to Control Units -> Info. and Comms. -> ICM -> Control Unit Adaptations -> Version Coding -> Optional Equipment, and then change the PHONE setting to not present.

Thinking of doing the same for the sedan and the coupe?

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Oh I'm sure...

The display is kind of pointless. I'm pretty sure that I don't have the OEM phone installed. I'll see if I can talk them into it on the next service visit.
that you can have it changed somehow or rather [;)]. Actually mine was changed without me asking for it. We were playing around with the DAS settings to turn off or tone down the the vehicle adaptive volume compensation system (what a PITA that is turning out to be) with the Bose system and I guess he just turned it off for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts