Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and advice over the last few weeks. I've gone ahead and ordered a new SLK350 today after another test drive (4 hours this time!). Dealer gave me about a grand off it.. And the best thing is I'm going to collect it from Germany on the factory tour! All paid for - completely free :D And that journey will run most of the 1000 miles in, which means I'll be ready to fly soon after :) I should get it late June or early July. Can't wait...

Anyway, LOVED the car again. Suprisingly fast in third (on the auto box) especially - great overtaking gear!! Top up is very quiet for a 'softtop', top down is not very blowly and quiet considering the speed I was going! Lovely around the English country lanes - really communicated what was happening, and with the gearbox in 'manual' I got to choose what the car did at every point :) I even took my biggest suitcase with me to check the boot and it fits even with the top down! Amazing!

Anyway options list, for those interested. Didn't go for the COMAND system - going to get a TomTom Go 510 instead.. :

SLK350
Metalic iridium silver
Black leather
7 speed auto with flappy paddle gears (new model)
Heated seats
Airscarf
Heated wheel (if it can be fitted with the flappy paddle gears - we're not sure?)
Parktronic
Remote control roof on key
Transparent wind deflector
Folding mirrors
Type pressure warning system

Cheers all!
Phil

·
Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG
837 Posts
Congratulations

Congratulations and enjoy! Don't forget to "zaino" while it's relatively new.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Zaino and has no direct or indirect benefits from recommending their products. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers :) Can you get it in the UK does anyone know?

·
Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG
837 Posts
PhilD73 said:
I get mine through the internet , even though I am in the US and they're super fast in filing the order, usually within 3 hours. I would recommend either the complete kit or the ultimate kit that includes the tire and leather treatment.

The initial cost may be a wee bit high but it has a shelf life of 3 years or so. 30 ml of the Z5 or Z2 Pro will do the R171 twice, including the wheels. When in doubt, always use a thinner coat. It also helps to dampen or slightly moisten the applicator with clean water and then a dab of the Z2 or Z5 on the apllicator.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
PhilD73 said:
Yup you can from www.advancedcarproducts.com, and if you enter benzworld in the voucher bit when paying for your items, you get a 5% discount!!! :)

·
Registered
06 SLK350 MT LHD & 09 SLK350 7G RHD
171 Posts
beverage said:
Yup you can from www.advancedcarproducts.com, and if you enter benzworld in the voucher bit when paying for your items, you get a 5% discount!!! :)
Damn, Damn, Damn! I just ordered my Zaino kit from these guys a couple of weeks ago and picked it up in the UK this weekend to bring back to Switzerland. I didn't know about the discount we could get.

aarrrgh!:(

·
Registered
BMW
900 Posts
PhilD73 said:
I should get it late June or early July. Can't wait...
You'll love it, everyone else has who has collected from Bremen, and I would do it again. If your car is built in June then it should be a MY 07 car. There's a cutoff point for the changeover sometime around then and I'm not sure what it is, but mine was built in the second dekade (i.e. 11th to 20th) of June last year, and it is an 06 model year.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apparently I should be getting a second or third decade June car, although that's not been completely confirmed yet...

Can't wait :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts