Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 2003 -- S430
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so one day after 16 hrs of work i go outside i see the rear passenger side is low so that means the strut is leaking air !! right?
so i turned on the car and yeah it went back up and no problem
i decided to leave it for 24 hrs outside on my drive way just to make sure and that side didnt go low... NOTHING !! it wasnt leaking again i left it for 3 days without touching the car or even unlocking the car and still its not going down as a matter of fact sometimes that strut (rear passenger side) goes higher than the rest of the struts
pleasssseeeee can someone explain whats happening and if i need a new strut ?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i am gunna go monday and just check the rear sensor. but then if the sensor is bad then both side suppose to go down because there is only one sensor for the rear ughhhhh

·
Banned
2003 Mercedes S430
806 Posts
I drive the same vehicle. Mine has never dropped but I'm going to change the struts all the way around as a preventative measure. You should too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that doesn't answer my question but if there is nothing wrong with the struts why pay $$ now i know they are going to go bad at one point but if they are good i don't think i should change them

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you are considering replacing air shocks you can look into retrofitting to regular steel springs all around. ARNOTT in Cape Canaveral FL make a very nice seat a reasonable price.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
2003 Mercedes S430
806 Posts
Your air strut leaked and that's why it went down. You can point to your mailbox, wife's butter cookies, earth's magnetic field but the bottom line is that they are shot. Change them now and save the cost of towing into the dealer or wait, like you seem convinced to do anyway.

I disagree with coilover springs as the diminish the value of the vehicle. Used to have the same problems with older Lincolns and I fixed every one of them, PROPERLY.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If retrofit is out of the question , the same company offers refurbished AIRMATIC shocks / struts, at a fraction of dealer's cost with much better warranty. We have dealt with them numerous times and have not had any issues.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts