Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,642 Posts
Beautifull Car ,verry nice and Nathan is awesome but the Car for my taste has to many dings .
Black,not easy to keep in condition like those.
I thing that the W Harness would be just about or soon due ,dont you thing .
If i would buy that Car ,give it about 2 Weeks and there wont be any Dings/scratches nowhere .
How come Nathan (the Seller) is not a Member on this Forum since he love's the W140's so much ?
Ciao :thumbsup:
Thanks for Posting this one "DBS".

Just to add:
My Cars Logbook Folder still has the Original Antenna Wipes and the Radio Casette cleaning Tape as well and the original never used Spare Tyre ,Take notice off the Spare Tyre in the Video of Nathan .

·
Registered
1992 500SEL
10 Posts
That certainly is a beauty. 45k miles on it after 19 years is crazy, though! Wish mine was as nice... :)

But hold on -- I thought the 1992s didn't have an electronic odometer? My 1992 still has the analog one. That's kind of strange...!

·
Registered
1994 S500 Sedan
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do we take bets about the wiring harness being replaced? :D
:D

Thanks for Posting this one "DBS".
For sure!

I thought the 1992s didn't have an electronic odometer?
Originally, 92's and 93's didn't, but due to defects some were recalled and replaced with the one shown.

Before the listing is removed, we should save the pictures and post. Really, such a perfect example! Difficult to tell and very close to call, but does anyone else think the 500SEL badge may not be in its original position?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Difficult to tell and very close to call, but does anyone else think the 500SEL badge may not be in its original position?
Definitely not factory work. There's something decidedly non-factory with the stitching on the front seats too. Pictures that nice sometimes don't show that well in person. Pictures can hide so much.

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
I'm just looking at one of the other W140's he's selling.

I always wonder with cars like this: How exactly do you manage to lose the gear shifter head?! - Did he let The Hulk drive it?

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,642 Posts

I always wonder with cars like this: How exactly do you manage to lose the gear shifter head?! - Did he let The Hulk drive it?

LoL NZ ,If you know the Owner of that Car tell him to come pass't here and take my Shifter knob off,i have been trying to get that off for the last 3 Years (on/off) ,it dosnt move a cm ,but i do know it has to come of the Base with the whole Stick and all i just keep on trying and maybe get lucky some Day ( Houston we have lift off ),LoL.
Ciao

·
Registered
1995 Mercedes-Benz S420 (W140), 1997 BMW 740iL (E38), 2011 C300 Luxury (W204)
1,314 Posts
How come Nathan (the Seller) is not a Member on this Forum since he love's the W140's so much ?
He likes W140's a lot, or does he make it seem like that so he can sell these cars? Honestly I've seen his other W140 videos and I am not impressed. He would say the car runs fine, no problems, its only a ASR/ABS light and CEL. Easy fix...... Now we all know those are not easy fix, and could be very costly. He doesn't seem like he makes it any concern to the potential buyers. He always says these cars are "ultra reliable", but does not even mention once about the wiring harness/ac evaporator. He doesn't seem to show you what usually goes wrong with these cars. All he talks about is the exterior condition and interior condition. Sometimes he would run the engine and show you how it runs, in other videos he doesn't. I wonder why? Should show us how the transmission operates too, and maybe even show us all door locks/auto close...stuff like that.

On topic, this car looks very new. I would be there are only a few out there in that condition.

·
Premium Member
2012 E350 CGI Avant Garde Sport
1,931 Posts
'93 500 SEL

well honestly it doesn't look any better than my '93 with 181,000 on the clock. Oh and 20MPG?????????? I don' thin so Lucy!

·
Registered
2009 E63, 2000 ML430
727 Posts
well honestly it doesn't look any better than my '93 with 181,000 on the clock. Oh and 20MPG?????????? I don' thin so Lucy!

Downhill, with a strong wind behind your backside....MAYBE!!!!

·
Premium Member
2002 Black SL500, 2000 Azure blue SL500, 2005 Silver (A209) CLK500
1,002 Posts
He likes W140's a lot, or does he make it seem like that so he can sell these cars? Honestly I've seen his other W140 videos and I am not impressed. He would say the car runs fine, no problems, its only a ASR/ABS light and CEL. Easy fix...... Now we all know those are not easy fix, and could be very costly. He doesn't seem like he makes it any concern to the potential buyers. He always says these cars are "ultra reliable", but does not even mention once about the wiring harness/ac evaporator. He doesn't seem to show you what usually goes wrong with these cars. All he talks about is the exterior condition and interior condition. Sometimes he would run the engine and show you how it runs, in other videos he doesn't. I wonder why? Should show us how the transmission operates too, and maybe even show us all door locks/auto close...stuff like that.

On topic, this car looks very new. I would be there are only a few out there in that condition.
A car salespersons' job is one thing and one thing only; to seperate you from as much of YOUR money as possible.
And actually that's any salesperson especially more so with car salespeople, buy me drinkee bars, strip clubs, massage joints, etc....

·
3phase-4pole
4,883 Posts

might be a new anti-theft feature. but I think he forgot to remove the steel shaft when he pulled the knob :D

·
Registered
1994 S500 Sedan
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
13% price drop!? Where did that percentage come from?? :)

If this car was close, I would really really really consider it!!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
13% price drop!? Where did that percentage come from?? :)

If this car was close, I would really really really consider it!!
I'd wait this one out. Four months from now it will be for sale for about $8k. The seller has a history of long for sale periods with big price reductions.

·
Registered
1997 S666-The Beast
870 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Regarding the badge, I recently saw a listing where the 1992/93 car was badged SEL500. I asked the salesman if that meant the car had been painted and some one didn't put things back on properly. He took offense and said MB had changed the numbering and that I should "do my research." I showed him some "research" including his own listing of the car as a 500SEL and didn't hear back from him.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts