Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
"Sadie"1984 w123 White/blue 169K and counting. The Grey POS or parts car 83 grey/ palimino
150 Posts
I once found $50 under a seat of a car I was working on.(pulling the rugs) PAYDAY! Also found a quarter gram under the sill plate:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Elvira '84 300CD 238K miles, '87 300TD 175K, Sarah Jane '74 TR6 78K, OBK #27
337 Posts
I only found a pen.. I did find evidence the rear seats were removed once since the bolts that hold the lower portion of the rear back down were missing.
You have to remove the rear seat back to replace the rear shocks - that's a good sign, maybe it hasn't gone 260K on the original shocks.

·
Registered
1981 mercedes benz 280e
10 Posts
luckily my rear seats wern't messy, although i did find a used ear butt stuck in the seatbelt. made me feel very sick ...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I found a bunch of call girl business cards and half a pic of one. fortunately the top half with her name on it. What goes on the back of some cars amases me. I noticed in your pics,there was a dice and a spermicidal packet...i think that sums it up.

·
Registered
1985 300CD
2,137 Posts
I worked at a garage for a few years in the early 90's. One summer day while removing the back seat of a customer car, the owner's son and I came across a 3 foot long Slim Jim (the meat snack). It was so old, the fat had melted to one end of the package and congealed again. I didn't even have time to dare Jay before he ripped it open and ate it.:eek:

·
Registered
1980 300cd
117 Posts
I found a 1927 gold engagement ring under my driver's seat wedged in the vacuum/wires cover. I emailed the P.O of my car, it wasn't his but he got in touch with his friend who he bought the car from. The ring had belonged to his friend, it was the guy's father's engagement ring. P.O #2 of the car lost the ring nearly two decades ago and looked for it everywhere, he started to dig around the yard to find it, etc. Needless to say, he was very happy to get the ring back! Also cool to find more history of my car, he owned it for 16 years and traveled across the country with it on trips. One time he went to Michigan, the fuel gelled so he had to have it towed to a shop, lifted and warmed up and he was on his way. He was happy to see his old car being taken care of by it's new owner.

·
Registered
1981 mercedes benz 280e
10 Posts
o here in Australia we call it ear butt... its what you clean your ears with, the long white looking thing with a knob thing on each end. hope i described it well enough.

·
Registered
1984 300D - auto
68 Posts
Q-Tip is the brand name - otherwise known as a cotton swab :p My best was a long-dead, dried up King snake that had swallowed a mouse :eek:. It appeared that the snake had crawled under the rear seat of this 1973 Fiat 124 Coupe, nabbed the mouse - then was too fat to get back out!

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Q-Tip is the brand name - otherwise known as a cotton swab :p My best was a long-dead, dried up King snake that had swallowed a mouse :eek:. It appeared that the snake had crawled under the rear seat of this 1973 Fiat 124 Coupe, nabbed the mouse - then was too fat to get back out!
how odd that a 124 Coupe would get mentioned 2x in a thread in a mercedes forum. I miss mine. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts