Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1983 MB240D
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving over to a 911,
It’s time for me to part with my 1983 Mercedes 240D with 86,623 miles. I bought her in the summer of 2004 from the original owner who meticulously maintained her. I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time when I found her with 84K miles. I have all the original manuals and service records. The previous owners are an elderly couple; they paid $25K for the auto. The elderly man walked me out to their garage, and in front of me was this beautiful well-preserved gem of German technology. I bought her on the spot. Since I took possession, it’s been garage-kept and has never felt the elements. Many hours of my own meticulous detailing has produced a car worthy of an invite into the locally prestigious Wilmington, Delaware DuPont car show. The car is close to as original as the day it was purchased although I did change the black shifter knob to a zebra wood knob.
The car runs beautifully and is a joy to drive.
I doubt one can be found as special as this one.
1983 240D Automatic
Hunter Green
Power windows
Power sunroof
Cold AC
Original Becker AMFM Cassette Radio
Very shiny original paint, minor scratches
Bumpers like new
All chrome is perfect
Transmission shifts nicely
New Shocks
Never been smoked in
Interior is absolute Perfect
Tires were new when I took possession
**The cruise control does not work.
**At the very bottom of the rear passenger door, above the rubber trim, is an area the size of a quarter that appears to be a spot of rust that has not come through the paint.
Pictures can be viewed in the galleries under Herman’s Helga.

I am offering this vehicle to the members of this forum first knowing it will pampered by someone who appreciates the fine engineering that went into this car,
Certainly, this engineering is not seen today. Now, I don’t plan on giving this fine automobile away, but what is it worth? I have not seen a 240D on Ebay with low miles in this condition.
I believe it’s worth every bit of $6300.00 and I will take nothing less.
Interested parties can contact me via e-mail

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 300E, 1992 400E, 1991 300E, 2004 240 4MATIC, 1972 Nova Prostreet
34 Posts
I have seen this vehicle - I live in Herman's area. It is a very nice, very original example of the 123 type.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts