Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 E300TD/02 SLK230K
152 Posts
Kirill - 3/24/2005 5:34 PM

I just can't wait for my first topless drive of this season.
Ok, I've finally waited for someone to post this since I didn't want to seem like an attention whore. [:p]

When do you guys put the top down?
I put it down anything over 41-42 degrees and sunny. I'm in Long Island, NY. Worst I've done was when I was really angry and drove down the highway with both windows down at 21 degrees! My hands were numb, the ends of them all calloused up. But I felt better immediatly[:I]

·
Registered
95 NSX / 98 SLK
382 Posts
I think there was a poll about this a few months ago. For me, high 50's is as low as I'll go on the highway. My pattern this time of year is top down drive to work in the morning. Put it up in the parking lot for the day and then top down again for the drive home. Top down in the garage overnight and ready to go the next AM.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230- RED
461 Posts
Th heck with Chicago......Dallas hit 79 today...beautiful...semi cloudy, a little windy, but all in all, a great day [:D][:D][:D]

As me how I'll feel when it is 110 - 118 and humidity is over 80 this summer though.......[}:)]

Regards

·
Registered
C 240
14 Posts
I went three times topless this winter on my way to ski. I live in Toronto, and usually we go to Blue Mountain, about 150 km North of the city. The lowest temperature that I drove top down so far was -5 Celsius degrees. Here are some pictures to prove that I am telling the truth :):):)

Guess what? Tomorrow's another day for skiing. And you know what's about to happen if it's sunny [;)] [:D]

·
Registered
C 240
14 Posts
I went three times topless this winter on my way to ski. I live in Toronto, and usually we go to Blue Mountain, about 150 km North of the city. The lowest temperature that I drove top down so far was -5 Celsius degrees. Here are some pictures to prove that I am telling the truth :):):)

Guess what? Tomorrow's another day for skiing. And you know what's about to happen if it's sunny [;)] [:D]

·
Registered
C 240
14 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
Awesome Edelweiss! What snow tires do you run? I've had my top down in the mid 20's too. Its not bad at all with the heater vents pointed towards you and the heated seats turned on. Naturally a good jacket helps. I wear a Spyder with the collar up. I would also wear a nice pair of leather gloves. But hey, I'm toasty! The very top of my head gets a little chilled. I don't have a hat yet. But, if you keep yourself low in the cockpit, you should be ok. It doesn't hurt to have a nice hot cup of coffee close either. [:D]

Its warmer than a snowmobile!

John

·
Registered
2006 SLK-55 AMG
737 Posts
KishanShah - 3/24/2005 6:11 PM

Kirill - 3/24/2005 5:34 PM

I just can't wait for my first topless drive of this season.
Ok, I've finally waited for someone to post this since I didn't want to seem like an attention whore. [:p]

When do you guys put the top down?

[:I]
I put it down yesterday. No wussies here. Er, of course, it was 89 here yesterday.[8D]

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230 Silver
25 Posts
I'll be at my home in the Dominican Republic the SLK 230 will be in the garage. The really good news is I'll be driving my 300 down there with the sun roof open. Can't wait to drop the top here though. Its been so long I hope it still works.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was 56 in a morning, 68 now. Took SLK to work and just came back from lunch.

WOW!!!! What a car !!! I haven't really driven it in almost 6 months. I forgot the feeling. I took a nice twisty road to work, put a car thru some corners at triple recommended speed, what a blast... i still smiling..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts