Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'01 SLK 230
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that my right rear brake disc feels significantly cooler than the other 3 after driving the car for a while. I can barely touch the other 3 (they're too hot), but the RR one is just warm. Does this mean I have a stuck caliper?

I haven't noticed any different feel to the brakes.

Thanks,
cinergi

·
Registered
1999 MB SLK 230
816 Posts
I noticed today that my right rear brake disc feels significantly cooler than the other 3 after driving the car for a while. I can barely touch the other 3 (they're too hot), but the RR one is just warm. Does this mean I have a stuck caliper?

I haven't noticed any different feel to the brakes.

Thanks,
cinergi
Sounds like it. Up to 70-80% of the breaking power is from the front so little braking power comes from the rear calipesrs. That's why you cant feel a big diffrent.

Remove the caliper and try to force the pistion it out (put a wood between the caliper so that the pistion dont go all the way out. Guess the seal is weared out so that water/dirt comes in and sieze between the piston and the caliper.

If you get the piston out, go over with sandpaper to get all the rust away and get new seal.

André

·
Registered
08 ml320 cdi,slk 230,01 boxster S,04carrera911, 99 S320,67 GT350mustang,02G500L,96 s600 w140, e55 2k
1,697 Posts
yup clean caliper if ever its a littke stuck, but test it first and see how it is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts