Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes once again i have to send the car in,

problems, navigation is not connected to the screen(s) near speedometer, nor is the audio.

Also the sensor for the lights isn't working, when night comes around isn't the lights automatically suppose to come on? PLEASE SOMEONE COMFIRM THIS, i've just had a huge argument with my mother regarding this, and have i dreamed this or am in another plant etc..etc... i'm 99.9% sure the mercedes when night or day comes around determines the lights be on or off...

also the timer switch is completely screwed, i can not get the times to be at the same time, and for some reason i've tried a countless times to get the clock from 24hr clock and it keeps resetting it self, and also the time in the acutally screen where the nav is located will not stay corrected, its always an hour behind i've done everything day lights saving etc..etc.. etc...

so off it goes to mercedes tomorrow,

but please some varify that im not dreaming AND that the mercedes !!DOES!! have a sensor for that... cheers,

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Can't speak for the SL, but in my SLK, the time can be changed for the COMAND system and for the dash clock. Maybe one of them is not running correctly and thus is resetting the other one.

And for the lights to come on at night, you need to set the light switch to the first position where it will detect if it's day or night, and activate the lights accordingly. Have you done this?

Oh, and recalibration of navigation systems can be a pain. Someone might have forgot to do it, and that's why yours is not running as it should.

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2003 SL, and i could have sworn even if you leave the light switch at 0 you have automatic day time running lights,

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
scottcardwell - 4/8/2005 2:56 AM

2003 SL, and i could have sworn even if you leave the light switch at 0 you have automatic day time running lights,
We have gone over this before. While I have never looked, this is what the manual says.

·
Registered
2004 SL500
42 Posts
scottcardwell - 4/8/2005 2:56 AM

Scott,

There is a setting in the menu options for the daytime running lights. It can be turned on or off. I believe it comes in the off position from the factory, but you can easily change it. Just scroll through your menu options until you find it.

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NO WONDER! thank you, they had to replace the battery (under warrenty yay) and it reset everything not the times they can't coordinate and it always resets itself even when i change it also the clock at the top of the interior won't leave 24hr it keeps setting it to a 24hr clock. So obviously i was right BEFORE this happened I guess i'll just send it in to mercedes (again) grrr

·
Registered
White SL
88 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT MY BRAND NEW SL500 AND I WENT TO CLEAN THE NAVI SCREEN WITH MY FINGER TO GET THE DUST OF, AND IT MADE A MARK ON THE SCREEN, THEN I TOOK A TOWEL TO TRY TO GET THE MARK AND THE DUST OF AND THAT MADE AN EVEN BIGGER SMUGE/MARK, ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN AND WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX IT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts