Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
(2)1985, and (1)1986 190e 2.3
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a big gadget person, especially when said gadgets are made of plastic, use AA batteries and are accompanied with claims of being able to virtually change your life, but I bought something today that just may have done that. Down at the local discount auto parts store I bought, for $15.95, a "Sonic Scrubber-Pro Detailer" which if you've never seen one, is basically just an overgrown electric toothbrush that uses 4 AA batteries. I bought it thinking it might work well cleaning the pockets on my stock 15 hole rims. I sprayed some foaming wheel cleaner on them and went to work with the scrubber, and in half the time it usually takes me to do the job, my wheels were cleaner than I have ever seen them. This "tool" really gets into those nasty pockets and gets the job done like nobody's business! Just thought you'd like to know...

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Got a photo of this little gadget? Sounds like those electric toothbrushes made for car detailing.

Good to know 'cuz I'm sick and tired of all the trouble cleaning these bundts. :mad:
Beverly
The W201 wheels are slightly easier to clean despite having the same number of holes and spokes, because the wheels are flatter.

I just went through this and I am happy, but my fingers are not!

·
Registered
(2)1985, and (1)1986 190e 2.3
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
0001 aug 2012 007.jpg

0001 aug 2012 008.jpg As per request, here's a couple of pics of the "Sonic Scrubber". Note beside my new scrubber is the tool I had been using previously...an old fasioned round painter's sash brush, which wasn't too bad, but not great either, and they are getting very hard to find now that angled sash brushes are the norm. It is still a very useful brush for gently cleaning in tight places - it's just not a scrubber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts