Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Call or text to discuss
925-570-7800 Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 300SD
891 Posts
Out of curiosity, how did you come up with that number? There's a huge amount of variance in final BaT prices on C126s and I'm not really seeing what's driving them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 560SEC Euro 300HP 52K miles
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Several cars last 6 months on Hemmings were in the ball park. BaT has been very strange I noticed, I was declined to sell a low mileage euro 107 last year because they rejected the minimum price I would accept. 30 days later I sold my 500sl for 30k and it is now listed on Hemmings for 49k euros. Bat is only as good as their valuator

·
Registered
1983 300SD
891 Posts
Yeah, it seems like some cars are all over the board and others are in a fairly tight price range. The cars that are going for crazy high prices now, like GNXs or air cooled Porsches are all kind of predictable though.

I've been meaning to write some code to scrape the data then inspect it more closely. But TBH my laziness is more powerful than my curiosity.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1989 560 SEC - V-8 Kompressor - 95 E320 Estate
1,936 Posts
I have a 1990 SEC euro and the vin # is embossed (stamped) on the fenders, trunk lid etc and when imported a new matching vin plate was added in the state which it was imported. US cars had a sticker in these places. I looked at your ebay listing and the vin you included ended with multiple 00000's. I have never witnessed a vin like that. Once you locate the real vin# just enter it into the "datamb" site and you will get the build sheet. Hope this helps. Mike

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike, check the top of ad description, that is where I listed correct vin. eBay rejects the euro vins so you have to enter a dummy vin in their vin location

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,181 Posts
You really need MUCH better pictures. The ones on eBay are soft, grainy and not crisply focused. Bad lighting, etc. Show it off properly.

Was it stored outside for a long period? The front driver's seat seems to look stiff and a bit dried an cracked. Plus the orange of the guages is now pale yellow.

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,266 Posts
Hi so is there a set price. All I saw was 18700 not met reserve.

·
Premium Member
1989 560 SEC - V-8 Kompressor - 95 E320 Estate
1,936 Posts
Here is the datamb build sheet. Appears not a lot of info on the euro cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The flawless dash and original paint suggests this rare gen 2 euro car was always stored indoors, minor wear on original leather, still quite soft. Thank you to all who have texted for more details, I will follow up later this week, as time permits. The folks oversees, I will reach out thru Whats App, so please be patient.

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,784 Posts
I looked your car up via the VIN in Xentry and the Build data similar to what Magic posted above. I see no mention of ECE tuning code 822 for this car that would indicate was built as a 300hp SEC. Post a detail pic of the EZL and with one of the large connectors removed. Should be an 8-pin EZL with the correct MB/Bosch part # to be a true 300hp car. Post a pic of the front engine cross member (just in front of the radiator). I believe all 822 code cars had a special long white sticker on the cross member.

More work, but if you want to put the car out there as a true 300hp car, you need to pull one or both of the cam covers off and take a mirror and camera and take a pic of the back of each camshaft for the cam code stamped on the end of the cams. True 300hp cams have 24 and 25 stamped on the back, respectively. To get to 300hp, the engine needs tri-y's and downpipes, ECE cams and ignition mapping from special 8-pin EZL's. These are the main items. Tri-y's and DPs will get you to about 275hp, cams and EZL get you the rest of the way to 300hp.

Maybe someone but tri-y's and downpipes on the car (in Japan or wherever the car was imported from). The build sheets don't indicate this is a true 822 car. Sorry, just my opinion. Nice looking car with a great exterior 904 blue color.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had reached out to MB in the UK and they told me, based on my Vin, the original triY, no cats and the strange oil cooler present on the car, I had a 220KW 299hp car. You know much more about these cars than I do, thanks for your help

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,181 Posts
I had reached out to MB in the UK and they told me, based on my Vin, the original triY, no cats and the strange oil cooler present on the car, I had a 220KW 299hp car. You know much more about these cars than I do, thanks for your help
Some of these guys really know their stuff so you have info to be sure. It will 100% help you in selling the ride. I wish I could buy it! But I already have an SEC. ;)

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,784 Posts
You have a wonderful SEC in a very desirable color with low miles/kms. The car has tri-y's, downpipes and the extra oil cooler. Regardless of my post above, this is a very nice SEC that many people would like to own. Euro body and great looks and performance. Seriously, best of luck selling it for a good price. My post above is to prepare you for the inevitable questions that knowledgeable W126 people would likely ask you. And, you need to know what is relatively easy to find from a Build perspective as the Seller.

You're in Suwanee and I'm in Sandy Springs. Maybe I could take a look at it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, lets see what my Hemmings ad brings, nice to see other local enthusiasts, you are the 3rd person in ATL to reach out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts