Discussion Starter #1
Dear Kirill,

I'm sending this email to buyers of the Rockford Omnifi bundle from
Woot (from both March 4th and February 24th events). Hey, you all bought
stolen merchandise! Just kidding. Really I want to thank all of you
for supporting woot with your purchase, and I hope you are enjoying the
site. It's been a lot of fun (and a bit of stress) watching things
grow here. I've received some great emails offering advice and
suggestions on new products to focus on -- thank you for those as well -- we are
working hard to line up more exciting higher-end gadgets like the
Omnifi bundle and InFocus Home Theater projectors. But of course we'll
still have the odd toaster, blender, and bag-o-crap to sell in-between :)
I am sending this email with a heads-up and two informal requests:

1. Rockford has approved a final sales event on the Omnifi bundle at
$199.99. We anticipate being able to offer this as early as next week
-- looks like next Tuesday or Wednesday now. We've received a ton of
mail asking us if/when this was possible, so we think it'll be well
received even as a repeat item. We would love to have any
friends/coworkers/family of yours that might have heard about or seen your purchase and
wanted in on the deal. We feel that we have sufficient quantity to
last at least through the early morning hours and into the work day, but
this is the last day anyone will be able to offer this deal.

2. The Wall Street Journal is planning a story on woot and has asked
if we have any members interested in being interviewed/quoted. I do not
have much detail other than the story will (hopefully) cover some of
the fun and innovative aspects of our sales process. It made sense to me
to include her request to you. Some of you are new to woot and a few
of you may be long time members -- anyone should feel free to reply.
Donna Fuscaldo is the reporter -- she has a asked for anyone interested
to contact her via email at [email protected]

Thank you very much for your past purchase and being a member of Woot!

Matt Rutledge
Founder & CEO
Woot, Inc.
[email protected]

please email donna directly above if interested in being interviewed
for the woot article.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am so getting one.

problem is that it's midnight central time, means like 1am eastern time. which is way worse than the 10 or 11pm pacific time. I'll have to put my alarm to wake up!

Etienne

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I have yet to complete the install of the car unit but I have used the home piece of it and been very happy with it overall. Although I have been much happier since I stopped using SimpleCenter and started using another software package.

·
Registered
'98 SLK230, 2007 Black E63 AMG
189 Posts
Ebay is littered with these things... some going for less than the woot price, and many asking 200$ and getting no bids...

http://search.ebay.com/OmniFi_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Seems like there might be something not so good about it.. no?

I acheive the same results with my iPod, car adapter, and airport express... and the airport also extends the range of my wireless network for me..

just my 2 cents.

PT

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
While I have yet to install the car 1/2 of the package I have been happy with the home unit. I would not hesitate to recommend the unit.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Idid not find any on ebay cheaper, if you consider the package has everything, home, car, remote, wifi modules, etc

Etienne

·
Registered
'98 SLK230, 2007 Black E63 AMG
189 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18798&item=7504862923&rd=1

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
MrSpace - 4/12/2005 9:06 PM

Idid not find any on ebay cheaper, if you consider the package has everything, home, car, remote, wifi modules, etc

Etienne
If you look on Ebay there are some deals that come out better than woot. Although look carfully a couple of them want to charge $50 for shipping.

·
Registered
2003 SLK320
585 Posts
MrSpace - 4/12/2005 8:06 PM

Etienne
here's my item. it did not sell. i settled on a Media PC and an archos Gmini. No wireless for me. I got firewalls set up and I am not geeky enough to get it all to work! Quote me a good price and we can talk. I need to get rid of it. [email protected]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7506333204&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUS%3AIT&rd=1

thanks

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
arevee - 4/13/2005 8:59 AM

MrSpace - 4/12/2005 8:06 PM

Etienne
here's my item. it did not sell. i settled on a Media PC and an archos Gmini. No wireless for me. I got firewalls set up and I am not geeky enough to get it all to work! Quote me a good price and we can talk. I need to get rid of it. [email protected]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7506333204&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUS%3AIT&rd=1

thanks
Arvee, you do realize you can set the units up as wired instead of wireless don't you?

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Intresting thing - VW phatbox is down to 120$ also (used to be 800$)

https://www.1stvwparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=896

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MrSpace - 4/12/2005 9:06 PM

Etienne
Yeph - i thing cheapest elsewhere - is at least 400$ for the set.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
430 - 4/12/2005 8:05 PM

While I have yet to install the car 1/2 of the package I have been happy with the home unit. I would not hesitate to recommend the unit.
I am actually thinking about getting more home units and have them in different rooms around the house - i want one for the master bathroom. I need to find a small cheap amp.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I have heard bad things about Phatnoise. Not supposed to be a very good product.

Kiril, what are you using for speakers & a receiver in the master bath?

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG, 2006 CLS55 AMG
109 Posts
I've used X10 products. They offer the same type package & it works well in the house. As far as my car, I still believe the ipod is a good choice (or the smaller 'shuffle').

x10 dot com is the website, you may want to check it out. They also offer alarm and survellence stuff (cameras, motion detectors, etc).

[:)]

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
iPod is a good choice. I have not heard anyone complain about one.

For my needs, the difference in cost, and what the omnifi comes with vs. the iPod it made more sense for me to go with the Omnifi. Shuffle just does not have enough capacity. I used a 512 SD card in my iPaq as an mp3 player and it just did not hold enough.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
430 - 4/14/2005 8:36 PM

I have heard bad things about Phatnoise. Not supposed to be a very good product.

Kiril, what are you using for speakers & a receiver in the master bath?
Yep - i don't like Phatnoise, but it's plug and play for Audi. I think I'll run both for some time to compare them.

I don't have any setup in Master Bath (interesting MB - Master Bath or Mercedes Benz so it's not realy OT) i got a pair of JBL outdoor all weather speakers that i want to put there. Have no idea what to use for amp. I am thinking about something behind a wall and just have a volume control in the bathroom. Still have to do a research on this one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts