Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sooooo , after drivin the 200T around town for the last few months, I figured , as slow as it takes off and as big as the gaps are between gears, surly it must be good on the freeway.... :cool: NO, its not.. I drove to El paso last week and it was not happy above 65.. Revving like crazy, infact it blew the oil seal under the fuel pump just before dark, in the cold and in the middle of nowhere. .I used some duckt tape to make a gasket and was back on My way, keeping the speed down a bit and rpm's around 3700.. Made it the rest of the way with no problems but not lookin forward to the drive back :crybaby2:
Anyone know if I can swap a 5spd from a diesel to replace the 4spd? I also have a 250T auto and thinkin about checkin the diff to see if it may have a taller ratio.. Maybe I can just swap in the auto?

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,970 Posts
I know what you felt driving the 200T. I myself have a 200g sedan its slow, slow slow.. Gas guzzler too.. Lol...
Lets see who knows about the 5 speed swap.. I also had a 4 speed on the 200..

·
Registered
2001 Volvo V40
2,954 Posts
The 200D is even slower...

The 200T has a M102 engine, which has the starter on the other side, which means you cannot install a 5 speed from a diesel.

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
dude swap an M104 into that thing and call it a day.
seriously. they're affordable and that car will be reliable and haul ass.
Total no brainer; M104s can be bought for cheap and a good mechanic can swap one in no time.

·
Registered
1983 240d AT1993 e320 AT
2,270 Posts
dude swap an M104 into that thing and call it a day.
seriously. they're affordable and that car will be reliable and haul ass.
Total no brainer; M104s can be bought for cheap and a good mechanic can swap one in no time.
... and the nice part is, retain the "200T" designation at the back. A TOTAL SLEEPER!!!

·
Registered
1980 280e
670 Posts
I've seen that swap before (on the internet not in person), but didn't realize it was that easy. You guys are saying the motor mounts and everything bolt up? What about the drive shaft and transmission?

·
Registered
'84 SEC EuroCoupe, '85 200T EuroWagon, 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
3,172 Posts
Sooooo , I figured , as slow as it takes off and as big as the gaps are between gears, surly it must be good on the freeway.... :cool: NO, its not..
I don't know about yours, but mine is faster than any non-turbo 123 that i've driven.
Maybe someone dropped a 190E Cosworth 16v‎ engine in it when I wasn't looking.:rolleyes::rolleyes:;):)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts