Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after signing the forms for my SLK's order, and Bremen pick-up last Friday 4th March. I was pleased to receive a letter, this morning, from Mercedes Benz outlining details of options for Personal Collection!! [8D] Was more pleased to discover my dealer had sent the correct forms away!!!! [}:)]

When I was in last Friday, the admin lass had spoken to MB and had been told that I was looking at collection for the w/c 6th June. So imagine my surprise in reading this in my letter (and I quote):

"Your SLK is currently estimated to be ready for collection around 31 March 2005."

Yup people, you read that right - 31st March!!!! [:0]

I'm now at the moment going through sheer panic, sheer excitment, sheer panic, sheer excitment .... You can obviously understand the excitment, but the panic - well I had been planning for a June pick-up so have been organised things around, and more importantly the finances!!!!

I'm fairly sure that they've got mixed up and that it should be 31st May 2005 - which would tie in!!! And of course the Personal Collections office is shut till Monday morning!!!! [:(!] So I'll be on the phone to them first thing on Monday!!!!

Good grief - I can't cope with this emotional roller coaster!!! [:p] [;)]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
hang in there Bev...you have a support group here...[;)]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motzkoman - 3/12/2005 4:51 PM

hang in there Bev...you have a support group here...[;)]
Must admit joining in the discussions, and reading about other people's adventure's with their SLK's has been keeping me sane!!! [8)]

Even if you guys are experiencing warmer weather than us!!! [}:)] [;)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
beverage - 3/12/2005 8:00 AM

Well after signing the forms for my SLK's order, and Bremen pick-up last Friday 4th March. I was pleased to receive a letter, this morning, from Mercedes Benz outlining details of options for Personal Collection!! [8D] Was more pleased to discover my dealer had sent the correct forms away!!!! [}:)]

When I was in last Friday, the admin lass had spoken to MB and had been told that I was looking at collection for the w/c 6th June. So imagine my surprise in reading this in my letter (and I quote):

"Your SLK is currently estimated to be ready for collection around 31 March 2005."

Yup people, you read that right - 31st March!!!! [:0]

I'm now at the moment going through sheer panic, sheer excitment, sheer panic, sheer excitment .... You can obviously understand the excitment, but the panic - well I had been planning for a June pick-up so have been organised things around, and more importantly the finances!!!!

I'm fairly sure that they've got mixed up and that it should be 31st May 2005 - which would tie in!!! And of course the Personal Collections office is shut till Monday morning!!!! [:(!] So I'll be on the phone to them first thing on Monday!!!!

Good grief - I can't cope with this emotional roller coaster!!! [:p] [;)]
No, it could very well be true. As they may be speeding things up prior to shutdown. I think someone mentioned previously they are closed the month of April?

Anyway, my car was originally due the end of March. In fact, I did not want it until the end of March because I was initially going to be out of the country until then. However, they called and told me it would be arriving mid February and it it did. Picked it up February 19. Six weeks early. So your car could very well be ready 8 weeks early.

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
Yes, both of my slks have been built ahead of the promised schedule. My 171 was built by mid July last year and I was asked to collect it within a month. They may ask you to do the same. The travel details were adjusted and finalised very efficiently by MB Milton Keynes and I was very happy with the arrangements. Get packing! Good luck!

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
Wonderful for you!!! It must be exciting and the Bremen Collection has to be awesome. I wish we would have done that!! Enjoy!!!

Roberta

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd forgetton all about the shut down!!! I think when I read that, I thought to myself - oh this might delay the build!! Didn't expect it to speed it up!!! [:D]

I can hardly wait to pick it up and drive it back from Bremen - it's just gonna be such a great experience!!! [8D]

It does say in the letter that I have 28 days from 31st March to pick it up - which kinda helps, and kinda doesn't. Since I'm suppose to be away in Florence for the last half of April, and didn't want to do Bremen and Florence within weeks, or days of each other!!! [}:)] [:0]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
beverage - 3/12/2005 12:15 PM

Since I'm suppose to be away in Florence for the last half of April, and didn't want to do Bremen and Florence within weeks, or days of each other!!! [}:)] [:0]
Hmmm. I don't think you will get much sympathy here. Florence and Bremen? [:0] You lucky girl[:p]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Hi Bev, Congrats, Are you flying from Teesside (whoops sorry - Durham Tees Valley(who calls it that apart from local politicians/councilours)) via Schipol and back on the Imjuiden - Newcastle ferry? Thats the way I went - all included in the Delivery charge?. I only put 270 miles on the clock using this route. (p.s. opt to stay in the Marriot in Bremen - bit Teutonic, but reasonable restaurant, and slap bang in (OK just off) Bremen City centre - (unlike the Hilton)

All the Best,

Wool.[;)]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Florence, and Bremen - will depend on whether work will give me another week off in April!!! [V] But then that's my hols till October - so got to make the most of them!! [8D]

Do you know, I did not know it was called Durham Tess Valley - heck it's signposted as Teesside!!! [8)]

If I am picking the car up this month [:O], I'm going to have to pick it up Monday 11th April since I've a meeting in London on Saturday 9th so kinda makes sense to tie them both in together. So that means flying from Heathrow on the Sunday, get car, drive car, get EuroTunnel, back to Heathrow - to pick up my Dad's car, then drive back to Carlisle!!! [;)]

My Dad has volunteered himself as navigator for the SLK pick-up, so hence the need to pick his car back up!!! [8D]

Have read a few posts saying avoid the Hilton, go for the Mariott. MB also mention the Maritim Hotel and The Park Hotel - has anyone staying in those??

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
Yes, I also suggest the Marriott hotel because of decent rooms, restaurant and above all, easy access to city centre [5 mins walk at most and overlooks a small park]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
In a previous life, I used to go to all the Hansiatic towns - i.e. Bremen, Bremerhaven and Hamburg. The centre of Bremen is a very nice small city/town centre with plenty of things to see and stuff to do. The Marriot is just over the river (a short bridge) from the old town centre. Wot I did when I picked my 350 up woz get the red-eye from Teesside, got into Bremen bout 11.45, checked into the Marriot bout 12:30 then went on the factory tour that afternoon (well worth it). Next morning, picked my car up from the collection centre, drove to Imuijen, got the overnight ferry to Newcastle, and woz home by 8:30

·
Registered
05 SLK350
55 Posts
Hello all.

My 350 was due to be built March 22nd 05 and I wanted to collect it in April.

MB personal collection rang on March 3rd (My birthday) to say it was ready!!

So I think they are building cars early at the moment.

I asked if I could collect it on April 8th (35 days after built) and they did agree to an extention in the collection time as it was built early.

I am collecting with my wife and we are spending 2 nights in Amsterdam on they way back via Eurotunnel to Bristol.

Andy

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow Woolly - that's an impressive turnaround!!! [:D]

I hadn't thought of doing the Factory Tour the day before - something to think about!!! [8D]

Well after all that panic over the weekend, I rang up MB Personal Collection this morning, and it was a typo - the car will be ready to collect 31st May 2005!!!! [}:)]

Least it gives me more time to get organised!!! [:D]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Better doing the tour the day before, then it gives you all next day to drive back to your chosen port of departure.

p.s. you must be a redneck if - You know yer a redneck when you take a load to the dump and bring back more than you took
- eh (i'm gonna stop doing the'eh' bit - never heard it in Cumbria, but I could imagine it[:)]0

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm wondering if they're building cars quick at the moment, because of the shut down during April??

Am pleased to hear that they're still honouring your chosen pick-up date. I've been planning for the first week in June since some friends of mine will be holidaying in France, so I intend to hook up with them for a couple of days before meandering back!!!

So I will be taking the full five days to get home!!! [:D] [8D]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Blank Post - Woolly?? [?]

Is it all just too much for you on a Tuesday lunchtime!!!! [}:)]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
No, aaaaaaaaaactuaarly, one happened to post a missive in the wrong thread, so one had to wipe it!! (the missive)[:0]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts