Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am drooling, salivating and trying to figure out how the hell I could ever afford to ship it here.

This would have to be the most desirable (apart from Red but I will concede that point) original W124 motor car I have seen for sale.

Get this :

Mercedes 320 CE Cabriolet, 1993L, 4-speed auto, 18,000 miles only (28968 kms), fmbsh and just serviced, signal red, electric black soft top, air conditioning, cruise control, driver's airbag, wind deflector, headlamp wash/wipe, original Blaupunkt radio/cassette. This has to be one of the ultimate 124-series Cabriolets. The car has never been painted and is as close to concours condition as you will find. Everything about the car is perfect and the car still has that new car smell. Owned by a husband and wife from when the car was a few months old. Registered in the name of the husband until he died in 2006 at which point the car was passed to his widow. A rare opportunity.

Are you ready for this ?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
a tan (or black) interior would make a world of difference

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep that is super sweet as well ! :cool:

If only I had the money and a big garage ! :crybaby2:

Red Cab and Black CE would be snuggled up deep inside !

Finds like that are so rare - they both look they are ready for delivery from new !

Not yet had a chance to have kids crawl over them, hamburger wrappers tossed on floor and drinks spilt on carpeting ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those cars are to perfect! you guys would get bored quickly,nothing to fix,that's the art of owning one.were artists......never mind hand them over!:cool:
John sorry there is a term for you and it's not artist !

No not enthusiast ! Keep Guessing ......

Starts with S........

Ends with T........

Give Up ?

sa·do·mas·o·chist
n.
The combination of sadism and masochism, in particular the deriving of pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting or submitting to physical or emotional abuse.

But boy will you know that car in and out by the time your finished !

Feel free to come over here for a holiday for a few weeks. I 'll make sure your plied with beer and pizza and workshop lighting !

·
Registered
201 Posts
North American Model / California

Nice! but steering wheel is on wrong side !ha:)
My brother-in-law has one of these in a different color combination with miles somewhere around 30,000. Black exterior but I forgot what the interior color was. I wonder what he will be doing with it since that just bought a new Lexus!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
16,770 Posts
Europeans and their nauseating endless option lists. Great car, but no electric seats, no memory seats, and no automatic climate control. Surprised the soft top isn't optional, LOL.

For being a upper level car in (at least in Europe), it should at least have that if not fully optioned.

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Two problems with the red example:

1) steering wheel on wrong side
2) gray interior. Gray? I mean really, gray!?! With a black top no less... Ewwww.

Either palomino or parchment would be best, black good too (until you sit down wearing shorts on a sunny day).

I didn't notice the lack of normal North America equipment until sbaert pointed it out but that's just unacceptable for such a high line MBZ offering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
300CE

Is it still around and what's wrong with it. Are you sure its an 88 model? I'm in Cairns so steering wheel is on the right side!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is it still around and what's wrong with it. Are you sure its an 88 model? I'm in Cairns so steering wheel is on the right side!
Sorry to have got you all hot and bothered Clark - I'm in Melbourne !

This car is a UK Sale hence steering wheel on the correct side !
They also have some lovely 300CE AMG's.
If only I had the money to IMPORT IT from the UK.

Search Results

1 - 20 of 22 Posts