Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine issued crankshaft bearing problem is it possible to change bearings without removing heads and crankshaft from under car has anyone replaced beadings with roll in trick my car is w219 cls 320 cdi my car works everything fine i got missfire on cylinder 2 trouble code engine start very good when hot also when is cold same

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,470 Posts
This is definitely way over DIY level this forum represents.
How did you judge bad bearing?
Seeing how complex those engines are, I doubt you can do much without pulling engine out and then it is only logical choice to give it complete overhaul.

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
1,080 Posts
I think its voice control button...(I didnt/dont have one in my car so not sure)

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
694 Posts
Have you ever changed bearings on crankshaft
I have changed Crankshaft bearings and cam bearings and pistons with the engine in the vehicle. But not on a 211, of course you have be able to remove the oil pan, but the main trick is to only remove one bearing cap at a time AND you can roll out the upper bearing using a soaked in water popsicle stick as a pusher tool to remove the old bearing. Do not use anything metal to attempt to remove the bearing. Pay attention to the orientation of the oil holes on the OLD bearing so you get the new bearing installed with out covering the galleries, because you wont be able to see them, and this is where you could really screw up! You may need to roll the crankshaft while pushing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts