Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
U1000Ag
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the numbers/pricing of items 44&15 ? I am guesssing 44 and 15 is the same ?

Seems the public EPC is now dead. I wonder if it was alive only for testing purposes - pity.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
I don’t have either the price or the part number ( I have not searched yet), but I do have a note.

The engine mounts/rubbers can either be 2 per side, or just one. The information I received indicated that, from the factory, if the UNIMOG was equipped with the PTO box, the 2nd set of rubbers were installed, to provide support for the extra weight of that equipment, since it attaches directly to the bellhousing.

By inference, adding the second set to a truck equipped with the CLAAS OD makes sense, as it adds a good chunk of weight in exactly the same spot. Since the PTO box is made of cast Aluminum, and the CLAAS box is iron, I’d suspect the the OD unit is heavier than the PTO.

Also, a number of guys without either the PTO or the OD have added the second set of rubbers, because they were not expensive, and the thinking was that it couldn’t hurt to spread the load out.

OK, I did a trawl through the files, and I did not come up with a part number, or a price. They are not outrageously expensive, if I remember. Here are some photos for the heck of it.

I just looked at all of the CLAAS photos that I have, and I can say that by far the majority of the installers have not bothered to have added the extra pair of rubbers when they installed the OD unit. That does not change my mind about it, but I thought I'd mention it.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
In the interest of Hillbilly work-arounds, these two photos show a hole saw being used as a spacer, in order to pull the motor mounts into position.

The term in German is MOTORLAGER, or MOTORLAGERUNG, for searching purposes.

Attachments

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
4,996 Posts
Using dual rubbers where it’s not necessary will increase the transfer of vibrations where the rubber isolators are of same design and material. So unless you mount a big hunk of iron off the back of the engine I would stick to the singles.

·
Premium Member
U1000Ag
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The public EPC is back :grin
However, it does not have the engine info and even though it lists Engine Suspension, the rubber bits are missing :frown
Same for the 435.115 - so must be a generic limitation.
Anybody with EPC access that can help ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
U1000Ag
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still a work in progress, but it appears to be part No A0002411513

1 - 6 of 6 Posts