Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SL63 Iridium Silver Metallic
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I almost bought a "BLACK" new grille on the Group Buy, but turns out I didn't want my grille falling off or being broken, to me not saure it was worth the money ?

I saw "ByByeAmericanPie"'s older SL looking grille, and really like that. Looks really classy in the photo. I think I want more of a PERIOD CORRECT" grille, as I think the CLK style grille might be too obvious of a TACK ON ADD ON ??

I haven't seen too many BAHAMA BLUE ones with either style in photos, and NONE in person, ha, so I am just "TALKING" based on photos .. don'ty mind me .. lol

Anyone know fo a good spot to get the SL style grill like ByByeAmericanPie has ? I know his cost a pretty penny, not sure if there are any other QUALITY alternatives ?!

THANKS!

·
Registered
02 - 32 (Stock); 99 SLK230 (RIP); 81 CJ7 (Fully MOD)
399 Posts
Got mine from GB. Strips came off during car wash :crybaby2: But what the heck.
I took all the strips off! Now, pure black w/ only Benz's star shining :D I like it better like that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
As the Old saying go's " You get what you pay for"

·
Registered
399 Posts
Papa is correct!
They're cheap and make it even cheaper looking w/ the strips :( I noticed as soon as I put it on.
I figured, run with it with the strips for couple a days & see how long it lasted :D Saturday went to car wash and 4 of them gone :D I didn't even bother looking for it or asking for replacement. Yes, you get what you paid for... most time this is true and this time it is :D

Good thing about it, it gives better cooling compare to the old one (from observing the temp gauge since the swap).

·
Registered
2002 SLK 230 1986 560SL 2008 Honda CRV
3,664 Posts
Post a picture without the strips, i may remove mine if it looks good, of course mine are glued down pretty good so it will take some work to brake them lose.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'll try to get pic tomorrow & post it here after :D
Actually, I'm looking for one w/o the star. To bad they don't have one specific to what I like. The one they have from DJH is too far forward (buck tooth looking) :eek::(

·
Registered
98 red 230 slk
454 Posts
The ones from the group buy will look like crap without the strips up close. But from a distance???

·
Registered
2002 SLK 230 1986 560SL 2008 Honda CRV
3,664 Posts
I'll try to get pic tomorrow & post it here after :D
Actually, I'm looking for one w/o the star. To bad they don't have one specific to what I like. The one they have from DJH is too far forward (buck tooth looking) :eek::(

I saw a car with that grille, man it looks bad.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Does it not leave little holes in the grill, Where the trims cliped on ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts