Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going thru TSB items. There is an old TSB dating back to 2002 to have all E500's 03-06 done that just just posted again

It states do this at Service A or B. Does anyone know if this needs to be done at every Service or just a one time deal?

Was wondering if this item was left out by the dealer when they did my B Service few weeks ago?

Thanks
TS

·
Registered
2003 E320 - wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my car!!
637 Posts
Hey Dallas,

I looked over the TSB and it is a one-time deal. The reason MB says to perform this on either an "A" or "B" service is because the underbody paneling needs to be removed to perform the TSB, and the time required to to remove the paneling is not covered under the TSB. So MB wants dealers to do the TSB whn the car is in for either "A" or "B" service which supposedly requires the paneling to be removed -- this is assuming that the dealer tech removes the paneling when doing the "A" or "B" service.

By the way, this is for all W211s 2003 - 2006, not just the E500s. I noticed my 03 E320 VIN is listed in the effected range listed so I need to call and find out the particulars for my car since it would be going in for just this TSB. I may have to remove the panels myself before bringing the car in.

Thanks for the heads-up on this -- I don't know how I missed it -- I thought I had all the TSBs for my car!

Regards,
paul...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Another thought----

Checked the issue date on alldata for this TSB and it is wrong -- someone doing the web work missed something.

·
Registered
2003 E320
2 Posts
I just got a 2003 E320 (2nd buyer) and my Mercedes dealer dealer did SAB 06-0223 'clean sleeves on front axel carriers' and it wasn't during a major FSS (Rep. Date - 03 May 06).

They also did 0274980 'pilot bushing leaking' on transmission (Rep. Date - 03 May 06) ... likewise they forgot to put the transmission dipstick plug back on :-(

Interestingly I asked for info on all recalls done and they printed out 'vehicle information' based on my VIN. Noticed that my 2003 E320 has yet to get two (2) 'damage code' fixes done: 082475737 'seat adjustment control unit electrical fault' and 072220727 'door control unit, left front door can malfunction' - should I be demanding that these be done? Both of these have Rep. Dates of 14 Feb 2005.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Glen,

I don't know about "demanding" but you should investigate these items with the dealer anyway.

Also, where did you get the "SAB 06-0223" number from? The number I have for this campaign is "P-SC-2006040004". Maybe MB Canada is different?

Regards,
Paul....

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Paul -

If this is to clear dust / dirt accumulation - shouldn't it be done more often than just a one time deal?

·
Registered
2003 E320
2 Posts
Paul

Besides the SAB 06-0223 # ... they refer to Damage Code # 033900127 and also 0508P33A57 - no idea what any of these #s mean??

·
Registered
637 Posts
Dallas_E500 said:
Thanks Paul -

If this is to clear dust / dirt accumulation - shouldn't it be done more often than just a one time deal?

Dallas,

From reading the TSB, it would appear that this is a one time deal to also clear out rust on the bolts and surrounding area around the bolts -- probably MB has some new bolts that minimize corrosion. Who knows?

Yesterday I went to a dealer to pick up some parts and asked the SA about this TSB. I was wondering how much it would cost if they removed the bottom panels. They said that MB set the removal time to 0.3 hrs -- we laughed because the bolt change job has been allocated 0.2 hrs! Their labor rate is $102/hr so it would cost me about $31 to have them remove the panels. I'm probably not going to bother with this TSB.

Regards,
Paul....

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Paul for the update.

Guess I will add this to the list of items to make sure they do this at the next service.

Thanks,
TS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts