Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s a million dollar question for all MB Vehicles owners as of 1995!

Is it possible to replace the fitted interior rear view mirror (with the red & green lens) and bypass any infrared keys or immobiliser features to operate your car?

What I mean is I want to lock, unlock and start the car the traditional way, going to the doorknob and insert your key. Like most cars used to be........

I don’t even care if people ask why I am doing this!

·
Registered
E320
153 Posts
OK, why are you doing this AND how old a Merc do you have that it has doorknobs??!![:)]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 1995 C280 and the access to the starting car is by infrared remote control keys via the IFZ & the HFM.

I now have a phobia of looking at the red & green lights in the rear view mirror.

I am intermittent starting failures whereby the red/green lights flashes alternately when failed to start.

The problem could not trace out by the dealer and other indie workshops!

Help!

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
The older MBs have door handles – glad I don’t have the red and green lights in the rear view causing blindness, the advent of Alzheimer’s, and the growth of a malignant brain tumor… [:0][xx(]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So there's no way to bypass the IFZ and interior rear view mirror's features to unlock/ lock the car then?

I saw some 95 C280 and they are having a normal rear view mirror instead of the one like mine.

Was this mirror feature an optional add on on these models?

·
Registered
1989 300 TE
460 Posts
I don't know about dis engaging the system. If they are just sensors and lights, why don't you move them to somewhere else. I might not look great but I may keep you sain!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts