Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E320 4Matic
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is David. I live in the Boston (MA) area and have owned Mercedes-Benzes since 1967. I have never owned anything else.
My estimate of the total miles on my various Benzes is 663,000. That was not all my driving. All but 60,000 was on the 7 diesels I have owned.
All my cars were purchased used, mostly from private sellers.
For the first 30 years or so, I had diesels. When an accident destroyed my 1992 300D 2.5, I could not find another Diesel I could afford in reasonable condition, so I bought my current car, a 1992 300E. The 2.5 was the best car I ever owned and I regret letting the insurance company declare it totalled.
My 300E eats me out of house and home but I put up with it because I love the way it drives. And it has "only" 136,000 miles on it and is running just fine right now, so why change?
Although I did some maintenance, repairs and minor modifications on my early cars, I am not a do-it-yourself-er.
I am an engineer, now do computer applications work, have three adult kids and two grandchildren. I am active in MBCA and am a past president of Minute Man Section.
I have enjoyed the knowledge I have picked up here so far and look forward to learning and possibly contributing in some small way from time to time.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 2 of 2 Posts