Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Three years ago this week,we had to put down our 14 1/2 yr old dog "Sacha", a German Short-Haired Pointer. Although we did not use him to hunt birds,this sporting dog was a fantastic companion.Of the 4 breeds our family has owned over the years,this breed was best for us. If you're thinking about a dog or about this breed specifically,feel free to pm me. The photo is from his last Summer with us. We miss him 'round every corner...:(

Attachments

·
Banned
8,498 Posts
Three years ago this week,we had to put down our 14 1/2 yr old dog "Sacha", a German Short-Haired Pointer. Although we did not use him to hunt birds,this sporting dog was a fantastic companion.Of the 4 breeds our family has owned over the years,this breed was best for us. If you're thinking about a dog or about this breed specifically,feel free to pm me. The photo is from his last Summer with us. We miss him round every corner...:(
Sorry to hear that man. "the Nugness" says he feels your pain.

·
Banned
8,498 Posts
Three years ago this week,we had to put down our 14 1/2 yr old dog "Sacha", a German Short-Haired Pointer. Although we did not use him to hunt birds,this sporting dog was a fantastic companion.Of the 4 breeds our family has owned over the years,this breed was best for us. If you're thinking about a dog or about this breed specifically,feel free to pm me. The photo is from his last Summer with us. We miss him 'round every corner...:(
On a serious note man. I know how you feel. When my family moved to KY in 97, we had two sharpei's that were like family, they were only 5 years old when the neighbor poisoned them. We swore that we would never have any dogs again. But when our son bought us "The Nugness" we were so happy. he is 11 years old now and we wouldn't trade him for nothing. I suggest that you get another dog of the same breed. You will be surprised how much you can love a dog. :)

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
My old girl (hound dog) is pushing 13 now, I know her time will come but I don't know how I'll deal with it. She's the best thing I ever knew...

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Oh okay. But he did say it was three years ago dude.

Nice dog though.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Sorry, you had to put your baby down. It's nice that you still remember him with love and the good times you had with him.:) Beautiful dog BTW.

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
We had to put down a longtime kitty (who I personally never liked, but I digress) last week. He was 17 years old and had become annoyingly incontinent, and toward the end his limbs began swelling, which apparently is a sign of chronic renal failure. Weird timing, given the arrival of all six new kitties who have taken over my basement (and life), recently.

·
Banned
8,498 Posts
Hey Zig

We had to put down a longtime kitty (who I personally never liked, but I digress) last week. He was 17 years old and had become annoyingly incontinent, and toward the end his limbs began swelling, which apparently is a sign of chronic renal failure. Weird timing, given the arrival of all six new kitties who have taken over my basement (and life), recently.
old and had become annoyingly incontinent, Thanks bitch, I thought our conversations were private. :D

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
^^^

I wouldn't say you were annoying. Really.

I've gotten used to seeing you with the diaper and all..

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."
-- Mark Twain

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,244 Posts
I grew up with, and had dogs for most of my life. German Shepherd, Great Dane, 2 Irish Setters, and Saluki. I still miss our last dog, a female Golden Retriever, great animal.

In Iran, some tribes use the Saluki to hunt Gazelle. The hunter and dog are both on a horse in gallop, the Saluki will jump off the horse, hit the ground running, and really take off, running down the Gazelle. It's truly an amazing sight.
The desert Gazelle is known for speeds up to 50mph, and the Saluki is the oldest known breed of dog in the World, 7,000+ years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts