Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1988 560 sel
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just about 2 days ago i rolled the od to 220000 miles

Now almost right after i have a rough idle and the car is hard to start both cold and warm and i usually have to use the gas pedal to start it ..... when its cold i can crank for about 12 secs then it starts but its a really weak idle like below the 5

And another question i seem to have a leak from my ps and trans .. any common areas that those would originate from i really want to get those leaks taken care of beacuse it leaks on to the exhust and smokes it up after warm up

Ps: when i take off from a light its lumpy but in motion like around 40 mph its silky smooth

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
So, do a forumsearch on "rough idle".
That will provide something to read for a while!

gr J

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
43,863 Posts

Now almost right after i have a rough idle and the car is hard to start both cold and warm and i usually have to use the gas pedal to start it ..... when its cold i can crank for about 12 secs then it starts but its a really weak idle like below the 5

And another question i seem to have a leak from my ps and trans .. any common areas that those would originate from i really want to get those leaks taken care of beacuse it leaks on to the exhust and smokes it up after warm up

Ps: when i take off from a light its lumpy but in motion like around 40 mph its silky smooth
Have you done a forum search?
If not sure how, go back to your 'hydraulic oil' thread, it's posted there.
Cheers

·
Registered
90 300 SE
5 Posts

Check your Cold Start Valve. My 300 was hard to start cold. $20.00 to the junk yard fixed my starting problems. Im not to keen on the 560 suspension, but if you use the search tool you will find an answer.. :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts