Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, really confused now. Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on Black Birdseye Maple Trim??? (more)

Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered an '02 430 after procrastinating for a solid 6 months. Ordered Silver with Charcoal with standard black wood. Some folks say it looks like black plastic. Haven't actually seen it in person (dealer has no cars)so I'm left to guess at what it looks like. Anyone care to share?<br><br>
<br><br>
TIA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen it in several CLKs, mostly my friends and I like it...

Doesn't look like plastic to me although the gloss and looking through a window may make it appear that way. <br> <br> I think it's very classy and subtle. It would look great on your charcoal interior. Just make sure to post pics so we can see !!<br> <br> Congrats!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thumbs Up

The black birdseye is standard in the CLK55 and I like it as much as I liked the regular wood in the 430 I had. However, the 'wood' in both cars (black and brown) does look kinda plasticy. Don't they have it in a E or S class that you can look at?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have it in mine (more)

<br> In the right light it looks really good.<br> <br> However, in most light it looks like its dirty. If it really is dusty then it does look like plastic.<br> <br> Overall, I don't care for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: OK, really confused now. Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on Black Birdseye Maple Trim??? (more)

It looks good, I have it in my 430... Go ahead and grab the bull by the horns..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts