Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 CLK 320
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here it goes. I have a 191k on my car. the car runs great, I have just been able to save up enough money to buy my lowering springs (Vogtlands) and shocks (Bilstein sports). I plan on putting rear camber arms on too. But as far as replacing any other parts?? Draglink, Lower ball joints, Wheel bearings, Bushings? I'm pretty positive that all the parts are original. So is there anything i should look for in particular..??? that might wear out after the car is lowered. I figure after that many miles a lot is probly worn out. and after i lower it, it might put added stress on the already fairly worn parts.. My steering wheel has a little play. Could that be the draglink? Basically i just want some help on what you guys would do.. Keep in mind i am 18 years old and a student right now.. so in other words.. a low budget!! thanks for your help!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
As you say, parts could be worn. Check tie rod ends, draglink, steering idler arm for play,also front balljoints need to be checked and all the contolarm bushings. Packing front wheel bearings with new MB special grease and inspecting the bearings and the races is now in order, be carefull on the adjustment DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN the preload. After you lower the car it needs a good four wheel alignment. I hope you dont run in any unforseen problems after you spend all your money on the lowering parts.
Good Luck Manfred

1 - 2 of 2 Posts