Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230E/230TE/S320/260E/320d
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the sender unit for the oil pressure meter? Someone mentioned it was under the oil filter? Do i need any special tools to take it off and also do i need to take the oil filter off?

Cheers Guys & Gals

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
It is at the side of the oil filter housing and simply un screws.

It would probably be easier to get at with the filter off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank, I managed to take it out which was pretty tough to get to. My local dealer didnt have the part in stock but i have ordered a new one. Only problem was when I moved the car back into the garage I didnt plug the unit back but the oil pressure stil read 3 when the ignition was switched on(this is before the engine starts. Any ideas???

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
The gauge was reading a full 3 because the wire was unplugged and in touch with some metal part, which sends full votage to the gauge.
Some history: In 123s, the guage was activated by direct oil pressure delivered to the instrument clusted via a pipe! So if you ever took off the instrument cluster and started the engine, engine oil would squirt right into your face [:D]. I've seen it happen! Pretty nifty, don't you think? [:p]

Shady

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmm funny you say that about the 123's, had a 240D and it was going for scrap so I decided to use it as spares and it was a bugger to get the instrument cluster out.....it was the long hydraulic tube feeding the needle direct....odd indeed. Hey about my 124, i'm sure it was not touching any other body part....but i'll have to check it and get back to you. I did leave it loose so it might have earthed itself.

Thanks for the help and info on the 123's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts