1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1986 560SL 78k miles, 2010 GLK
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Wonder if you can help me with the following:
My 86 SL (75K) is always garaged. I've never had any warning lights until recently I left my car out in the cold for a couple of hours. When I came back and started it, the oil light came on and would not go off. The oil pressure is fine and my oil level was perfect and clean. Drove it straight home and put it back in the garage. The next day, I restarted it in the garage and could not replicate the problem. Today I took it out again (with no warning lights) left it at the gym in the cold...came out, then light came on and remained on until I got home.....
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks,
JEFF

·
Always Remembered RIP
1979 280sl 4 sp w/ac 1957 MGA 1998 volvo xc/70 2004 F150
6,050 Posts
Two seperate sensors, as long as you have pressure no harm done. It sounds like a bad fill sensor or a bad wire to the sensor. I'm sure one of the motly crew more familiar with your car will be piping in shortly, and even though your not new, Hello and welcome.

·
Registered
1986 560SL 78k miles, 2010 GLK
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....was thinking it might be the sensor...not even sure where to find it- or the wire or whether this is an easy fix--I'm guessing replacing the sensor is a big deal. Seams more like the sensor given it only happens when cold?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts