Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

oil leak below injection pump

1064 Views 3 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Guest (MBNZ)
Ok, I finally replaced thew shut-off valve in my diesel (still don't know where the $300-$400 labor estimate came from - it took me 1.5 hours). As I had the airbox out, I took a look at that peski oil leak. It seems to be coming out from beneath the fuel injection pump right where the fuel line comes into it. Does it mean I have to remove the whole pump?<br> <br> Thanx
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That would make sense. But I haven't attempted anything that big personally yet. Right now I'm only considering doing an engine mount by myself. Removing the pump probably will require you to remove lots of other stuff. I know that you will at least have to take the V-belt off, but I don't know what else. Have you been on mercedesshop.com's diesel forum? They've all been very helpful for me. The only thing I can't get out of any of them is how much torque I need to bolt my engine mount with. Do you know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.