Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Vito 110CDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!
After years rusty, juddering and oil leaking faithfullness I have sold my Transit and bought a Vito.
I love my Merc, its handles like a Go-Kart compared to my old Tranny!

Anyway, I want to change my oil and filter and I notice that there are a few pipes coming out of the filter top. Should I prime it before fitting?

·
Registered
V220cdi
27 Posts
Oil filter

No problem changing oil filter its a element so just be carful about the seals Make shore you use the corect grade of oil. I have never changed the fuel filter on the CDI fuel system but I dont see it being a problem [;)]

·
Registered
Vito 110CDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh crikey, you mean that thing to the left of the cylinder with the tubes coming out of ...

Oh crikey, you mean that thing to the left of the cylinder with the tubes coming out of it isn't the oil filter? Er...so where is it then? I was going to use Castrol Diesel Magnatec, is that OK? I think it only comes in one grade. If the damn things weren't so relaiable Haynes would release a manual for them and I could spend hours tinkering and breaking things.

·
Registered
Vito 110CDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oily Fiteration

Top tip about the manual Dave![:D] I bought it with 89K and had to change the drive shafts and wheel bearings in my first week. Euro Parts saved me a bundle. I'll get myself a C type manual asap. Do you know what the 'REST' button does[?]

·
Registered
Vito 110CDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Life in the Lay-By...

So thats what it does, I'll try that tomorrow. Presumably its got to have some heat in the system first. So what does the button with the wiggly arrows do?
Is that the heater boost I heard someone talk about? It doesn't seem to do anything.
What do you use your Vito for Dave?

·
Registered
V220cdi
27 Posts
Life in the Lay-By...continued........

That switch controls the aux.heater(IF fited)[:O]only operates if engine is below operating temp worms up the system faster,heater will start blowimg worm within a mile or so [8D]. sounds a bit like a jet runing under van

I use mine V220cdi as a base/bed/holdall,when. traviling/working away.MPV at home. See my pictures.
Love the van...had lots of trim problems HATE the wheels tring to get some 17" aloys (Dezent type S)but cant find a suplyer[:(!]

D

·
Registered
Vito 110CDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wheels

Ahh, its all making sense now. There is a weird blowing noise from underneath.
Talking about noises, do you get that buzzing from a tiny little plastic pump underneath the engine after a drive? Got any idea what that is?

Nice photos Dave, [8D] wish I was there!!!

Talking about wheels, have you checked out e-bay lately?
Every now and again there are some really cool AMGs.
I want some too but I'm paranoid someone will nick my van just for the wheels [:(!]
I'm thinking about trying to fit some new stainless wheel rim trims off an MG.
Its an interesting alternative to alloys.

·
Registered
V220cdi
27 Posts
wheels part 2

The thing is.....Ofset...45-48...[:O]..very few cars use this size.....and load rating....[:O]....can you get renforced/8ply tyres in the corect size...most delers get very nervus when I mension V class/Vito
If you find a sorce let me know
D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts