Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1977 280E and I absolutely adore it. However, I was trying to change the oil and the oil filter today but couldn't find where MB hid the damn oil filter in the car! Been looking through manuals but can't seem to find it! Anyone know where it is in this model? Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It might be a cartridge instead of a spin-on. Look for a big aluminum canister with 2 nuts holding on the lid. If that's not it, I'm stumped too...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, one of the obscure little images in the manual made it look like a cartridge instead of the spin-ons some other cars have so i've been looking for something that can house the oil filter I bought..no luck yet but I'll definitely take your suggestion and look tomorrow. Thanks :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oilfilter is located on the drivers side of the engine block, all the way in the back it faces the firewall pointing downwards.Go to www.perfomanceproducts.com,great site and order their free catalog for the W123.They have 90% of the parts needed to keep yoiur MB going and looking good.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might try and take the left front tire off in order to give yourself some more room to get at the filter. Fram does make a filter for it but I would go with the original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.