Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an oil filter wrench for my 2001 SLK 320 but my dealer won't sell me one and local autoparts stores say they don't carry one for Mercedes. Does anyone know the wrench size or know where I can get one? Thanks.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What!!!local autopart don't carry one? I bought one from Kragen autopart.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got mine at my dealer. What gives with your dealer not selling you one ?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody know if you can use the same wrench for the 230, 320, and 32?

I tried the filter cap wrench that I bought for my SLK230 and it's not a perfect fit for the filter cap on the 32. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning to buy a filter and I'll ask if the wrench is supposed to be the same or not.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer gave me one - free!

M-B of Littleton (Colorado) just tossed me one over the counter and told me to have fun. Great PR. Most any auto parts store will have various diameter filter caps - just ask them to let you try them on for the proper fit.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian, let me know if you want to let your 230 one go for cheap

I need one for a 1999 SLK 230 I just purchased. I will pay postage for it to be shipped via USPS Priority Post to my APO.<br>

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much does it cost in the U.K.?

M-B dealers sell it for less than $10 in the USA. It would cost more than that to ship it to the U.K.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Baum Tools has an original Mercedes oil filter socket for about $25. It works beautifully on my '98 SLK 230.<br>
<br>
http://www.baumtools.com/english/index.cfm (See under "Special Tools.")

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you can one from the dealer you will be better off due to the dealer being 1/2 the price of Baum

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
US$4.49 from Kragen Auto Parts here in CA...

Made of plastic (no, wait, "Super Graphite"!), made by FloTool. Item # 3210010607. Even says it fits M-B OEM on the sticker. Not a super tight fit but it works fine. If anyone wants one I can pick one up and mail it... [email protected]

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can be sent USPS Priority Post. I have an APO, Not sure what the UK one cost

Probably around 15 pounds ($22.00). I will give ya $10.00 bucks for it if you will throw it in an envolope and send it my way. If interested e-mail me [email protected]

·
1998 SLK 230
2,635 Posts
it says it on the cap itself from memory 20Nm - 25Nm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts