Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
C230 Sport Kompressor 2002
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for those of you who do your own oil change. I just bought the oil filter from the stealership ( part number A 104 180 01 09 ) , and it came with only one filter and a one large O ring. My question is , how many O Rings do you need to replace? Watching an online video for a slightly newer model I notice they have 3 O rings to be replaced. Can someone point me to the right direction ? Also I notice on the forums there were a lot of talk about getting a Fleece Filter. I don't see any for my model on Autohauz , are they available for my year?

The guy at the Mercedes Part Shop showed me a EPCnet blow up graphic that only showed the filter and one o Ring like the picture below

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Last time I checked, the fleece filter is only made for the 6+ cyl engines - pity, because they are more efficient. Needed particularly for extended oil changes.

One O ring is correct - goes on the cap

Oberoi

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
My 02' Sportcoupe took a fleece filter, and yes there is only one o-ring to seal the filter cap. Other models have up to 4 or 5 o-rings. The C32 has four.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks guys. Been trying to find out about the O-Ring amount for awhile. Now I can do my oil change.

My 02' Sportcoupe took a fleece filter, and yes there is only one o-ring to seal the filter cap. Other models have up to 4 or 5 o-rings. The C32 has four.
2002c230 what is the part number for the fleece filter ?

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
I googled 'fleece filter' to see if they were available for the 4 cyl engines and the Mann site still shows the paper filter - no fleece

Oberoi

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Oberoi. On an unrelated note , have anyone seen a how to for air filter change for my year (2002 ) ? I noticed the other sticky have a different location for their engine air filter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick question if someone can answer me it will be great help , does the seal section of the filter goes to the bottom or the top of the filter cap ?

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
I asked dealership if the filter was a fleece, and they said yes. Didn't look like paper filters either.
Quick question if someone can answer me it will be great help , does the seal section of the filter goes to the bottom or the top of the filter cap ?
Do the oil change and you'll find out... :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've already did the oil change but I forgot to check which side was up when I removed it. So I dont have a clue now. Is there a way to check online ? I've searched on the forum and I dont see anything. If I have the sealed part at the bottom I can't seem to put the filter back in. So I'm assuming the seal part goes up top ?

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Yes, you will notice a larger gap at top of filter cap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, you will notice a larger gap at top of filter cap.
Sorry I'm really stupid

Is this how it should look like ? The bottom has the hole where it will fit properly and I'm able to close the filter cap if it's with the hole at the bottom

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I might have found the answer , looking at Oberoi post here

The part without the hole goes into the filter cap

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
I thought you were talking about the o-ring, and yes, you are correct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts