Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560 SL - Signal Red & Palomino; 2011 C-300 - Black on Black 4MATIC
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone knows the amount of oil between the "min" & "Max" levels on the dipstick - 560SL. Topped off yesterday, with dipstick reading around 1/3 above minimum mark. Figured a half quart would do it, took a quart to get it to the top of the range. Based on this, I am guessing it is around a two quart range. Research on the forum seems to point to that for a couple other models, but I did not find anything specific to the 5.6 Litre.

I like to run at the top of the range, but usually don't bother topping at increments less than a half a quart. Didn't think the dipstick range was that wide. Overall, though, with around 2,200 - 2,500 miles since we picked up the car with a fresh oil change, I am thinking that a quart is not too bad on good old Dino based 15-40. (As good as my Audi, which has used synthetic at about that rate since new... Audi says no worries, but that is the one complaint I have with the car.)

Thanks, Shep

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes-Benz 560 SL
973 Posts
Curious if anyone knows the amount of oil between the "min" & "Max" levels on the dipstick - 560SL.
Two liters, or 2.1 US quarts, sayeth the owner's manual.

Good road,

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 560 SL - Signal Red & Palomino; 2011 C-300 - Black on Black 4MATIC
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I have an electronic version, and did not think to look there, a good reminder I need to order one as mine is missing. Strangely I have the radio manual, top operation guide, etc. but not the main book - argh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts