Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
320Cdi 560SEL S500
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the flexi pipes from the engine block to the oil radiator differ from the SEC to the SEL?

I have an SEC front bumper on my SEL and have yet to move the oil radiator back as per SEC to get the fog lamp installed.

I have the SEC brackets, and it looks like i need to get a bracket fixing welded to the chassis rail to do it properly.

But I have noticed the pipes are a little tight when the radiator is in the SEC position...or do they just need adjusting to suit? Anybody have any knowledge?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,697 Posts
The U.S. market gasoline engine cars usually came without oil cooler.
Many gray market imports / Euro's came with it. I believe the pipes for the oil cooling circuit are connected from a different (to U.S. spec) oil filter bottom / base / bracket, via a oil temp thermostat.
There are plenty of threads in the forum archive. Why not try a 'oil cooler' search?
Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum - Announcements in Forum : W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class
Cheers

P.S. as explained in the 'Welcome...' announcement, scrolling down to the bottom of this page will get you links to related topic threads...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts