Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
That disqualifies Pamela Anderson.
I know. I've moved on. :)

Besides....she's had her oil changed WAY TOO MANY times.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well then Pammie can come and do mine Nobby, but i'd still like to help with repairs on Nobby's pig as he does so much for the forum :) jyuma and MBGraham it was just a thought and fair enough probably just need a large outlet funnel then.

·
29,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
21 year old nubile, young, virginal women working on my cars in the nude.

but i'd still like to help with repairs on Nobby's pig

You better send pics,first.

I have suspicions that you might pee standing up.

Maybe you didn't understand the criteria.

·
29,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #145

·
Registered
9 Posts
Question regarding frequency of oil changes and what type of oil should be used for my particular circumstances.

I live in North Dakota, so the car will be driven in temps ranging from 55 to 95 degrees approximately 1,000 miles per year. During the non-driving months it will be stored in my garage, which is heated to 50 degrees at all times. Car is higher mileage, with 90,000 on it.

So do I need to do an oil change annually if I'm going to be putting only 1,000 miles a year on the car? If I do need one annually, preferable to do it each fall after the final drive or each spring after the first drive?

What type of oil should I use? The mechanic I bought it from recommended straight 40. Something about it being preferable for the car if it's going to sit long periods (like through a winter).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Straight 40 oil is quite heavy and may not have enough zinc for cam protection and may not circulate well at cold startup.
Rotella T4 15W40 is a common recommendation. I live in a moist climate so I change mine twice per year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I realize how old this forum is. I'm doind my first oil change since I bought the car, and I do not have the spring part of this assembly. Ive been searching for about an hour online, anyone know the part number or where I might find one?

·
29,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I realize how old this forum is. I'm doind my first oil change since I bought the car, and I do not have the spring part of this assembly. Ive been searching for about an hour online, anyone know the part number or where I might find one?
0001841037 (oil filter housing spring)

Part number is in this thread.

·
29,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Just finished my 3rd oil change this year....I do it every 3000 miles.
Gives you an idea what kind of mileage I did.....despite not driving the whole month of August!

It went quite well.....probably because I had just done the RAM oil change, front diff, rear diff and transfer case.....I was pre dirty and warmed up.
220,000 miles SHOWING on The PIG, now.

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
I've done 3 or 4 oil changes in the last 3000 miles but the first one didn't really count because it was only to replace the 20 year old oil that sat in the crankcase while the car sat all those years under a tarp.

I guess the second oil change didn't count either because it was only done to flush out the new oil that ran through the engine after the engine hadn't been run in 20 years. A crud cleaning effort.

The third oil change kinda counted because I changed it in order to flush out all the Marvel Mystery Oil and Sea Foam and Lucas I had put in trying to get rid of the valve tick.

The last oil change counted as it was done at the beginning of this summer when I went with 20w/50.

Does that mean I've only really done two oil changes in the last 20 years? Holy crap! o_O

141 - 151 of 151 Posts