Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The filter I got from dealer comes with 5 O rings in 4 sizes. I heard I only need the largest one and two same size medium one, but dont need the two smallest ones. Is that correct? BTW, it is a C300.

Oh, and what filter do you usually use and where to buy? (other than dealer)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The filter I got from dealer comes with 5 O rings in 4 sizes. I heard I only need the largest one and two same size medium one, but dont need the two smallest ones. Is that correct? BTW, it is a C300.

Thanks guys!
You are correct

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,117 Posts
Once you remove the filter you will easily see which O rings you will need.
Mike

·
Registered
2009 C300 4-matic Sport
50 Posts

Thanks guys!
Advanced Auto has a Purolator filter that comes with the o-rings and the filter is marked "MANN Filter - made in Germany" They also carry Mobil 1 0W-40 for $6.99/quart

·
Registered
2008 C350
11 Posts
Ok, I've searched over and over with no luck. Please someone help. Where is the oil filter and drain plug?????? I took off the undertray's.....I was lost under there. nothing looked like an oil filter or somewhere for it....or the drain plug. Can anyone post pics please? FYI--I'm not a rookie under the hood...just a rookie with MB. Thanks in advance.

Rob

·
Registered
2008 C350 and a Lightning.
161 Posts
Search some more, it's been covered pretty well in a few different threads.
The oil filter is on top, like a BMW. The oil can be extracted through the dipstick, with an extractor.

·
Registered
08 C350
131 Posts
Ok, I've searched over and over with no luck. Please someone help. Where is the oil filter and drain plug?????? I took off the undertray's.....I was lost under there. nothing looked like an oil filter or somewhere for it....or the drain plug. Can anyone post pics please? FYI--I'm not a rookie under the hood...just a rookie with MB. Thanks in advance.

Rob
Here you go, same as W204.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class/1322384-diy-oil-change-2006-2007-c230.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts