Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a C32 with 1000 miles and want to change my oil. I have never done this on a Mercedes. I have a new filter, washer and 15-50 oil. Any special things to watch out for? Especially on the filter canister and washer. Thanks,

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was under the impression the oil cannot be drained from below the car, as you must suck it up from above. It's a little different on this car, but someone has done it at c32life.com.<br> <br> Justin

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did not even realize they did it from above. It has a drain plug, just have to remove the shield to get to it. Oil change done!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DO NOT CHANGE!!!!

Some manuf. have beak in components in their break in oil. Changing with new oil so soon could damage the engine. ex. a bottle of fuel injector cleaner helps so surely 3 bottles to a tank will do an even better job! No, it'll probably not run at all. Just use mobil 1 etc every 3-5k and dont worry about over-changing.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: DO NOT CHANGE!!!!

It is straight Mobil One, always good to change it first 1000, the oil filter was nasty!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: MB does not use a special Break-in Oil.

-wise, and you know for sure that an additive package was not added to factory oil at factory, the authority on mobil 1, pat goss from goss's garage who has a DC radio show sat & sun says to follow the manual. any divergence from the manual will either hurt the car or cause undue expense. if piece of mind is whats important than by all means, enjoy your 32.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I know the manual says the first oil change is at 12K miles. Seems kind of high. I have about 3K miles right now. Should I have it changed anyway? Usually in my new cars I use standard Mobile 1 for the first 10K and synthetic later.<br>
<br>
Sam

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Change it ASAP. Certainly wont hurt and may help prolong the life another few years. Good luck and enjoy your new beast! Ive changed my oil twice already and it has only 7k miles on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts