Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C55 AMG
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm enjoying my C55 AMG, and as such, driving it hard from time to time.

I've had some factory high HP cars in the past (i.e. 500HP 2003 Viper SRT-10) and have always been a frequent oil changer for peace of mind.

Having said that, I'm not really comfortable with the 10K mile intervals that you get with MB factory service. How many people here change inbetween their MB factory service? Anyone recommend that I NOT do this?

Any gotchas to watch out for should I decide to do this? I'm thinking I'll dot he change half way inbetween to get my car fresh oil every 5K miles, sticking to factory spec oil and filter (or maybe just changing the oil).

Thoughts???

·
Registered
05 C55 AMG
273 Posts
No harm changing the oil earlier except for the issue of cost; changing the oil earlier is more for your peace of mind. Stick to the recommended grade of Mobil 1.

Any issues with your C55? Any squeaks/rattles? Test drove one yesterday and I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one. Should I take the 2005 or order a 2006 instead? The one that the dealer has is Brilliant Silver with Charcoal (right colors for me) + Xenon headlamps and rain sensor. I would like to have command too, but not a must have.

Congrats and enjoy your C55.

·
Registered
C55 AMG
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I would do nothing but factory spec oil. Also, factory spec oil would alleviate any concern abotu warranty coverage.

The only two issues I have had so far are minor:

1. Left rear speaker grill vibrates on some bass.... the right rear one does not. Something must be loose.
2. One day the moonroof was not responding to switch cycles (yes, the ignition was on). I turned the car off and on a few times and it eventually started working again. It has not happened since.

Since you are buying new from the dealer... you might wait for an 06. I went private sale, so I was looking more for the deal. In either case, you will enjoy it!

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
in my 02 G500, we have been doing the 10K oil change like they said. I have some sludge build up when you take the cap off. However on my 98 SL500 the oil was changed ever 5K miles and the head looks new. So based up on that which means nothing i would just do it ever 5K i mean what is a $100.00 to have the dealer change it.

·
Registered
05 C55 AMG
273 Posts
jknust - 4/24/2005 5:26 PM

Thanks... I would do nothing but factory spec oil. Also, factory spec oil would alleviate any concern abotu warranty coverage.

The only two issues I have had so far are minor:

1. Left rear speaker grill vibrates on some bass.... the right rear one does not. Something must be loose.
2. One day the moonroof was not responding to switch cycles (yes, the ignition was on). I turned the car off and on a few times and it eventually started working again. It has not happened since.

Since you are buying new from the dealer... you might wait for an 06. I went private sale, so I was looking more for the deal. In either case, you will enjoy it!
Thanks for the response jknust. [:)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts