Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up buying a 2008 C300 4matic sport a couple of months back and while driving the car you can notice a small oil burning smell. It's not too strong but it's noticeable. And you can smell it through the air vents. I've been watching underneath the car for oil leakage but there haven't been any oil spots under my car. I've also been noticing that under my hood and coming from my grill that there is a small amount of white smoke coming up and also from my passenger wheel area. I looked under my car today and noticed a small amount of oil gathering up on what I believe is the muffler. What could this issue be? I took it to the shop and had them look at it about a month ago and they found nothing. please help.

·
Registered
'07 S600, '00 E320 Wagon, other
205 Posts
As the oil dripping on the hot exhaust gets burnt, it gives the smell but rarely any dripping reaches the ground below until the leak becomes substantial.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,it seems the pcv seperator cover.
Located on the right camshaft cover
Beside the expansion plug
Dripping Oil leak can reaches the ground.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the expansion plugs and when i went to replace the larger one there was another part in its place that was larger and had a medal tube heading to another part of the engine. does anyone know what this part could be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts