Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer sent me a new freebie today.

In a DVD case, came a white micro fiber towel. Not the same kind I find in the shops, this felt almost as if it was made out of silk.

Along with it came a letter that asked me to use it to clean the interior (dash and doors, you know that black material which gets easily dirty with dust and smudge marks) and they asked me to write back with my impressions on it. Oh, it must be used with a little bit of water (to dampen the cloth first).

Guess I'll do a complete interior cleanup procedure this weekend [;)]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Hi Shinigami, didn't you get one supplied with your car, in a DVD case in the centre console? - I did.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I only got it now :
They seem to be sending me stuff afterwards. For example, they will send me a 4 times a year MB magazine with MB tech, innovations etc...

·
Registered
R171 200K
115 Posts
It works quite well for me to remove any build up of dirt on my grey seats. Just rubs it right off every other month. The grey actually looks cleaner and nicer then the black parts of my interior which always look sorta dusty/dirty.

My bros been getting the mercedes magazine and other postal material ever since complaining to head office about a dealership experience.

·
Registered
2006 C230 WZ
257 Posts
I get the magazine but I also got (about 2 months after my car purchase) a Mercedes-Benz, black leather travel-wallet (really nice). Inside I found my owner's identification card.

Really nice touch :D

·
Registered
SLK 350
27 Posts
I have been getting the magazine ever since I had a CLK 2 years ago, and the white cloth was in my SLK when I purchased it. Now I am just waiting for the leather case!!

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
The silk cloth was in my car when I got it. The leather wallet came about six weeks later. Still haven't got Mercedes magazine (bought car in November). Should I be?

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
Nothing for me either, my dealer has not made any contact with me since I bought the car back in july 04, just about spells it out what my dealer is like never returns calls etc.

gary

·
Registered
SLK 350
155 Posts
Goodies to date: Multi-layer gormet cake, complete with helium filled ballons (upon delivery), a MERCEDES BLVD parking sign, basket o' cheer delivered by courrier (2 days after delivery), 20% across the board discount coupon for accessories (no restrictions), the ultra smooth card holder wallet (I think this was made from the bellies of baby seals gently clubbed to death), but no magazine yet.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
I got the towel in the car, a couple of Mercedes silver keyrings with the valet attachment and 20% discount on the plexiglass windscreen.

I have only had my car a month so hopefully more goodies will be forth coming. The dealer has called twice and I have received 2 letters from the dealer asking how I was enjoying my car[8D]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
183 Posts
the towel, the wallet, the magazine,$100.00 gift certificate to a 4-star restaurant in my area, magazine subscriptions, two music CD's from a local store, hat, t-shirt, 2 insulated tumblers, free washes, and about one phone call every month just to check how I and the car are doing .......

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
roadsterboy - 3/17/2005 5:48 AM

Goodies to date: Multi-layer gormet cake, complete with helium filled ballons (upon delivery), a MERCEDES BLVD parking sign, basket o' cheer delivered by courrier (2 days after delivery), 20% across the board discount coupon for accessories (no restrictions), the ultra smooth card holder wallet (I think this was made from the bellies of baby seals gently clubbed to death), but no magazine yet.

Mmmmmmmm.... Baby seals.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
41 Posts
I also got the card wallet in the mail along with a key chain and and since I took delivery around Christmas a SL tree ornament(very cool) and the dealer through in my car cover and told me Merry Christmas.[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
lion126 - 3/18/2005 8:40 AM

I also got the card wallet in the mail along with a key chain and and since I took delivery around Christmas a SL tree ornament(very cool) and the dealer through in my car cover and told me Merry Christmas.[:D][:D][:D]
Car cover??? Isn't that a couple of hundred bucks? Is Fletcher Jones in Newport your dealer?

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
41 Posts
Yes got the car at Fletcher Jones. When I bought a C-class in 2001 they also through in the car cover. I don't know about the rest of everyone's experiences(although I've read some horror stories on the forum) but they treat me like a king every time I go in.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200
145 Posts
Hmmmph...I've had nadda since I bought the car...the SLK key ring I had to buy myself in the shop whilst waiting at the factory [:(!]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts