Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Oh My God... Help please

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  jeffreyli86 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I was browsing a MB forum the other day and found a VIN decoder. So I thought, "great, let's check out the VIN on my W124 E220."

So I did... However, the decoder came up saying the VIN is invalid.. I am SURE that the VIN is typed in correctly..

Does that mean my car's VIN is somewhat forged?

I attached a pic of my VIN for your reference..
The pic might be unclear.. but it reads:
WDB1240222C041584

Thanks for any info.,
Jeff

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
excuze me but what is an VIN (verify id. number ???)
Vehicle Identification Number

#6 ·
Something's wrong with the VIN decoder. You can't really figure out everything about your car just with the program offered here. I tried it.

Somebody has decoded it "manually" saying this certain set of numbers will correspond to...blah blah... something like that. I think it's in the General Forum board.

Btw, it doesn't look forged to me

#7 ·
Hi Friend,

Have you used http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/index.html?lng=eng for your VIN decoding? If not give it a try its very good (Works with my E280 & E500), but again I dont know how reliable these internet decoders are!!

Your VIN plate seems fine, WDB124022 definatly means Its an E220, and WDB124028 means E280 etc all the way up to WDB124036 stands for E500! but if your in doubt look at your service history/documents etc or I have a picture of my E280's VIN Plate for comparison....

Mo

#8 ·
Thanks for all the replies...
My family had owned this car from new (it was my dad's).. I think I was just being over-sensitive about it and I was just making sure it hadn't had an accident that I didn't know of (you never know when the car would fall apart!!)

Thanks,
Jeff

#10 ·
You will find your VIN info right here with benzworld.org

http://www.benzworld.org/modelguide/vin.asp

VIN WDB1240222C041584
Year of Manufacture 2002
Chassis Code 124
Manufacturer Name Daimler-Benz
Model 022
Restraint Systems
Displacement
Horsepower
Fuel Gasoline
Production Plant Sindelfingen
Country of Manufacture Germany
Production No. 041584

It may not be listed in the US VIN lookups if your family had imported it directly.

#11 ·
In my earlier reply you may need to follow these instructions as the year is comming up different.

VIN Decoder
So what do all those numbers and letters mean ? Find out where your Mercedes was made, factory name and a lot more. Currently works with 17 digit US and German VIN numbers. Some Euro-spec cars lack a year code making their VIN 16 digits. If so, just add an "X" before the 10th digit. Note that this might give you a wrong production year.
VIN :

#12 ·
Pete1 - 2/20/2005 9:23 AM

You will find your VIN info right here with benzworld.org

http://www.benzworld.org/modelguide/vin.asp

VIN WDB1240222C041584
Year of Manufacture 2002
Chassis Code 124
Manufacturer Name Daimler-Benz
Model 022
Restraint Systems
Displacement
Horsepower
Fuel Gasoline
Production Plant Sindelfingen
Country of Manufacture Germany
Production No. 041584

It may not be listed in the US VIN lookups if your family had imported it directly.

I don't . [:(!]

I tried but did not work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.