Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brace yourselves ppl!

Picture it, Brooklyn, NY 2005 (yes, that is from the GOLDEN GIRLS SHOW)

It was 7am, I went to get some gas (at $2.70 per gallon no less)...... its about 2 minutes from my house. As soon as i pull away into the street, i saw WHITE SMOKE from my car's rear and then BAM "ACTIVE BODY CONTROL FAILURE...... DRIVE CAREFULLY"

Called Roadside assistance and my car was towed to manhattan MB. Has this happened to anyone?
brad

·
Registered
45 Posts
I may have to agree with him but I'm sure your in love with your baby, (I know I am) my girlfriend gets mad at me when I talk to her. yes it's a her. Back to the subject I'm not really sure why smoke would come out. hmmm doesn't sound to good that's for sure. Sounds like a very bad flu,

Keep us updated....

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The white smoke might have come when the ABC fluid leaked and touched the intake manifold or exaust....... not sure. will keep u posted. MB Manhattan is gonna look at it tomorrow and advise.

Thanks!
brad

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys -........... Still nothing! No work done on my car and this tuesday will be 2 weeks......

Millenium Warranty company has yet to send an inspector because the cost of repairing the suspension is too high for them. Eventhough my warranty is valid up to 100,000 miles and cost me over $4000......

When am I supposed to get pissed off? I have been pretty fair about things.. Even said they didnt have to give me a loaner car for the first few days because I had my fathers car while he was out of town (now that he is back, they gave me C240)

Seriously......I am really getting angry because when you buy the warranty, they are SO LOVEY DOVEY. I bought it through mercedes benz..... the $4000+ charge on my card is MB manhattan...

·
Registered
2001 S430
96 Posts
What year is this car? I've read a good number of posts that all claim to have suspension problems - particularly with the early S430 and S500 built in 1999. However, I still read posts where even the late model S class cars still having similar problems. I think this is a defect in the design of these cars. You would think MB would step up and recall them and get them fixed once and for all. Besides being a pain in the ass and expensive this sounds dangerous! I've read others posts on the following web sites that speak to similar problems:

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/s_class.php

http://www.mercedesproblems.com/

There are numerous other sites out there dedicated to problems with these cars. What a shame to see this happening. I own an '87 560SL roadster and I can tell you it's built like a tank. No problems. Keep us posted and good luck!

·
Registered
2001 S430
96 Posts
Did you by chance try to contact MB USA? Two weeks is rediculous. Truth is it's rediculous that this even happened in the first place. I wish someone would start a class action against MB. I'd join.

·
BenzWorld Sponsor
CLK320 2005
473 Posts
my friend in Vancouver BC also have the similar problem as yours
worse
he waited for 1 month
and till today nothing happen

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know ... I know...

Today is May 9th, and nothing heard yet. I dont even think the inspector ever came to look at my car.

I cant beleive this is happening because when I bought that extended warranty, I really was told that I would be so well taken care of that I would never regret shelling out the $4,000+ for it.

My advisor told me that after the inspector looks at the car, they will need it another week to finish the repairs. Honestly, a week? Come on. I don't know what goes into repairing a car, but its not like the thing was broken and damaged.... it had a leak, so replace the tank! Nothing was smashed....Repairs to me mean you banged your car and now you need repairs. Nothing like that happened here.

If someone would do a class action lawsuit, I would join as well. My situation really sucks and I am more frustrated that at this time, there is NOTHING i can do but wait!

·
Registered
2000 -> S500
88 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation Chucky - The CAL maybe a good idea and hopefully someone will have the [8]s to do it.

I have Mercury Extended Warranty and I am 90% happy with their response this far. Their team is very professional. I just got my A/C fixed with no problems and within a decent timeline.

Hope your situation remedies out soon.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK U ALL WONT EVEN BELEIVE THIS!

I am really ready to jump from a window.

1) When I went in for my service A about a month ago, that is when I heard the news that I needed a) New brakes b) Suspension arm in front.
The brakes were gonna be about $2000 and the supension arm was just my $200 deductible. I told my advisor do not do ANY work - I will have the brakes down by a client, and will bring the car back for the other stuff. All was fine.

When the suspension sprung a leak, I brought the car in and disussed with my advisor that now I would be able to have both jobs, the suspension arm, and this new suspension issue all done for ONE deductible and he said yes, no problem.

I am angry now because I got a call saying that I have 2 deductibles to pay because 1 is for the suspension arm work which they are LYING and saying they did b4.... and the other is for the new suspension problem. So they are TOTALLY lying! They KNOW they are lying!

2) They now say, "this is not covered under the MILLENIUM WARRANTY" and the cost is gonna be in the neighborhood of $2000....... How do you like that! Thats ANOTHER LIE!
a) I have a copy of the contract which cost me $4300 to buy.... and one thing specifically listed is "SUSPENSION" is COMPLETELY covered. My advisor than said "They will not cover this, but I will submit the claim and they will probably pay some but you will be responsible for a big portion" now....... u tell me! If that is not a lie, i dont know what a lie is then! NO WARRANTY COMPANY WOULD PAY FOR SOMETHING THEY WERE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR!"
They would not pay PARTIAL............ either all because they are responsible, or NONE because I am responsible. My advisor told me that I had NOTHING to do with this suspension problem, and it would be TOTALLY covered.

WHAT THE F*** is goin on!....... seriously already. I dont even know who to complain too! Isnt Mercedes Manhattan a division of MBNA? Help me please someone! PLEASE HELP ME!
I am getting desperate. I cant keep paying all this money! Its not worth it!

and for anyone that says to me "if u can afford this car, u should know it costs a lot to maintain"........ DONT say it! because i bought a $4300 extended warranty which coveres EVERYTHING. please do not blame me for any of this, please shift your blame to the dealership in question. I read MANY posts where u say "if u got the money for the car, u should have the money for the service". I want you to know that I have never complained at the bills! I didnt complain when my GPS Antenna broke off the car (TWICE) and was charged (TWICE) to replace it, eventhough it was supposed to be covered under the warranty..... (new car warranty)....... i didnt complain first 2 times they needed to do new brakes...... i didnt complain when they took weeks to fix a catylitic converter, or when the windshield cracked, or when they never fixed things they were supposed to fix (under warranty)........ i do NOT complain! I just want to be treated fairly, so pleae do not say what i said above because it does not apply to me.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi

I bought it with a few thousand miles on it from a Mercedes Dealer in Chicago! Fletcher Jones.

It is not even the problems with the car that is pissing me off..... Speak to LovinSL600 in the SL Forum... He paid $178,000 for his SL600 and has had problems DAY AFTER DAY.... and he is dealing with the same shit service as I am.

Its getting frustrating. If they would honestly fix the work, and cover it under the warranty I PAID so much money for....there would be no problems. I know things go wrong with cars (albeit i think a KIA for $100,000 less is more reliable)

brad

·
Registered
2013 infiniti jx 35 loaded
301 Posts
this is why I sold my benz and bought a lexus LS 430. you can deride it all you want but the current s class is a piece of shit compared to it.

·
Registered
2001 S430
96 Posts
Chucky:

Hope things are getting better. Just curious, if your car is a 2002 shouldn't it still be under factory warrenty? My 2001's factory warrenty dosen't expire until later this month. Unless you've exceeded the mileage limit (I think 50K) your dealer should repair everything for nothing. Even though my car has had its share of issues, every one of them was covered by the orginal factory warrenty.

Mike

P.S. Never thought I'd agree, but the Lexus guy has a point. This will sadly be my last MB.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi

Ya - I am at 54K now so i bought the extended warranty up to 100K from MB manhattan when i had 47K on the clock.

Its gross what is happening. now they are saying "if warranty company doesnt do it, they will appeal to the factory for GOOD WILL service" they are gonna make themselves out to be like they are the NICE ones.

This is my last mercedes as well. I think Audi and Porsche quality is far better.

·
Registered
2005 E55 AMG
21 Posts
all i can say is that if that happened here in Sydney, and u paid for a full warranty like the one u did, there would be hell to pay. its simple you have full waranty so they should fix all, the other things that happened to your car should also be covered by warranty,thats why u pay the damn thing.

i had issues with other cars i had like bmws they used to tell me that other people would be dissadvantaged becasue they have to go out of their way to fix my car under warranty because it had a fault from the factory( this was a BMW dealer telling me this) I would simple say to them I dont want to listen to your problems just fix my car ASAP.

regards

1 - 20 of 47 Posts