Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML320
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smashed a small deer doing a solid 55 mph. Big time bummer, I already replaced my front bumper once! To make matters worse. My windshield cracked on impact. My Stereo is also acting up again to. The MCS plays radio on restart for about 10 seconds or so then the dreaded "NO SOUND" When this happens I can here the fiber line at the AMP clicking. I'm thinking MCS is now bad, or AMP. Either way I'm at wits end. My truck has 130K and never had a major fault. I was gearing up for a nice overhaul to keep her in service hopefully many more years, but now a stupid radio problem and a dead deer have me awfully bummed out. :surrender:

I'm starting to wonder if maybe my time has come to trade this benz, for another old benz. Trade problems ;) Frustrating had this truck close to a decade. I can easily blow 4 grand on service at this point, going to cost me at least 1500 to get the front end correct.

400 - windshield
400 - Bumper
300- Head lights (knockoff)
Grills everywhere - 150
Fogs - 75 (knockoff)
Hood now needs that black bra - 100
Paint - If I'm doing this, I'm getting my rear bumper replaced and fender flares also.

All this and my Radio does not work anymore :D

I deff feel bad for the deer to. Like the last herding animals left here in US. So RIP dude.

My truck is due for inspection so... I do not feel like riding dirty to long, so we'll see what I decide. The Radio thing is really making me question body repairs at this point oddly enough.

Here she is.

·
Registered
2000 ML 430
1,588 Posts
Take this as an opportunity to put in a better, touchscreen, new radio system with much more features

·
Registered
05 ML500 SE
1,482 Posts
Well these 163's are pretty durable trucks and at some point most of them will outlive their beauty but not their usefulness.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
253 Posts
It looks pretty good for a car that clipped a deer. The fender and hood look undamaged.The hood/fender gap still looks good and the headlight looks unbroken.I think you got off lucky.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just got to ordering everything off ebay. The hood actually got ruined, well not really but the bezel that goes around the main grill bent fully in and lost all it's paint. I bent it back and sprayed it with gray primer. I'm just going to hood bra it.

I'm missing one part. That little piece of trim that goes under the headlight.

I'm also thinking of potentially getting the black knock off head lights - It may look good as I'm going to have the black hood brah. We will see, I'm also going to rock just the primed bumper for a bit. Needs inspection so cant wait for paint. I'll post pics when complete. It's all stuff I can do. Fun, Fun.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. I'm all over that. Even comes painted. Now all I gotta do is find this thingamagiggy. Went to open the back windows today, and got a awful sound. On the hunt for this thing, I searched Ft Lauderdale but did not turn it up there. Might have to swing into the dealer for that one.

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
I can't quite tell WHICH part of the truck that is or WHICH PART you require from your picture.

Is that the window where the trunk (boot) is?

·
Registered
2002 ML320
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your the man. It was under quarter panel. Makes perfect sense.

It looks like I need to order the number 5 meal, for 50 bucks. I'm not so stoked about that. Bummer.

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
No probs at all....and can I commend you on your very witty pun in the title to this thread!:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts