Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, on my 1987 w124 300e... i removed the screw from the bottom of the shifter console wood and lifted up the wood. i then checked the window switch ( i wanted to see if something was stuck there.. its not going down... looks like i need a new one ) but thats not the big deal right now... i put it back, screw it back in, start up the car... and i get no audio!!! noo!!! i turn the volume up and nothing! move the the fader back and forth franticly and nothing has happened. i did not mess with any wires. i just moved the switch... radio turns on just fine and i can change the stations. but no audio at all from anywhere... i THInk i hear like a faint, very faint audio fromt he rear speaker but it doesn't seem like it.. ideas??? how much is the typical cost of reqiring the entire audio system? what about the entire car?

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Under the console, there should be some connection plugs for the speakers. They go to the fader control and to the rear of the car stereo. I myself have installed a JVC cd/mp3 and I have re-wired the stereo completely. The only downfall is that my fader does not work anymore. Try checking those connections! I bet you probably disconnected something under the console!
Good luck,
Spiros
p.s. Check to see if the plug has snaped into the fader control. Sometimes, if it's not snaped in tightly, you will hear no volume!

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok fixed.. few..i was soooo scared! i was thinking i had to spend a good amount of money before my dad found out... the thing was that the wood was not pushed all the way down. i got a can of compressed air and took out all the junk that was in the there and pushed down hard and tightened the screw well... not too tight of course... thats not good. but onto a new project!!!

ok i want more light in the car... i can never see enough... first is the dome light.. i want to replace that lightbulb for something much more bright. and are the lights for the climate control and radio bulbs? if so, can i put in white ,brighter ones... instead of the orange?? i saw how its done for the gauges and don't want to do that yet...oh and the trunk light... that hasn't worked.. how do i check the light? which is it? i can't see it.. and i have to carry a flashlight in there to see what im grabbing... and it doesn't help that the flashlight is black.. quite embarassing at times. ideas?

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i found the lights at the sylvannia site.. does anybody know how to remove the window switches? my driver front side won't come up and i heard they can all be switched. i also want to attempt to clean it. anybody know how to open it up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts