Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to recomend Mercedes of North Olmsted. They are the number one volume mercedes dealer in the midwest so I am sure I am not the only one who thinks they are great. Every service experience is great, they only keep their free loaners for 5k miles so you always get the latest model. The dealership also owns a porsche, saab, and lotus dealer all right next to each other so they have experience with luxury cars. They also own north olmsted performance which is also next door which deals with aftermarket accessories for MB and other high quality german imports. They open at 7am and close at 7pm and have saturday hours. the SA's are very friendly and knowledgeable. They also offer more items with their service such as free MB wipers with the service a,b,c and a free wash with every service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if your any where in north east ohio Euro motor sports in chargin falls is the only place to get service done at the one guy was one of the top rated mercedes techs in the world i belive and is from over the pond so very trust worthy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My experience at MB of NOlmsted was much less pleasant and you sound as if you work there.
Ha ha ha, no I don't work there, but I do agree with you that their service has gone down hill greatly, they lost their service manager to BMW Cleveland. I had horrible experiences the last two times I went there. Needless to say I traded in my Benz for a Grand Cherokee Overland Summit just recently. Hope you have better luck with them next time you go. I did have a tremendous experience when I wrote this post over a year ago though. I just love how when you write something positive and someone has a different experience they automatically think you work there or own the company or there is some hidden agenda.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
You didn't remit anything of a personal nature/experience in your post -- nothing. It reads exactly like an ad. Everything about them, nothing about you or your experience. Recommendations are personal, not ad copy. rbartos's assessment was spot on, IMHO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my S600 there a month ago for some engine related problems and they diagnosed some problems which I had fixed elsewhere since their quote was so ungodly more. I knew car had a small oil leak and they didn't notice. I had car towed to well known and highly rated garage where they diagnosed an oil cooler leak which required engine to be removed to be fixed at a cost of about $5000. They unfortunately didn't want job because they weren't sure exactly what they were getting into because of lack of MB support from a akron dealer and didn't want their bay tied up for a week or more. Reluctantly I called MB of NO and they told me $800 to fix. I knew they were lying and sent over diagrams of where oil was leaking and asked them for a quote to fix oil leak in diagram and it turned into a $5000+ job from an $800 job. How could I trust them and sent the car elsewhere.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
In general, dealerships are an obvious and ubiquitous source of sub-standard service and warranty work. The real purpose of the Recommended Shops section is to highlight positive experiences and recommend independent shops over the obvious offerings of dealerships, which are primarily in business to sell vehicles, and only provide service as a necessary evil toward that end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
German, unfortunately MB of NOLmsted is a high volume dealership which probably means they are selling cars cheaper than other MB dealers and are gouging parts and service customers to make up the diff. If I know now what I didn't know then, I probably wouldn't have purchased an S600.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So that's it guys? Just one place in Chagrin Falls? How about Akron/Canton area? Anyone know of someone good with reasonable prices?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Two more east side indy shops that may not be the cheapest hourly labor rate (but will be less than the dealership) and will always be straight with you:

Swedish Solution - Miles Road location in Orange Village.
swedishsolution.com
Started out in the late '80's as a Saab & Volvo shop.
Expanded in to VW when the VW dealers started hosing VW owners
and now works on all the German cars. Dan Schindler built the business from scratch and eventually sold the two shops out to their managers.
Bob, owner of the Orange Village location is a straight shooter and a great mechanic.

Larchmere Imports
larchmereimports.com
Two shops: Shaker Heights and Bainbridge/Chagrin

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wanted to chime in and second Euro Motorsports.

177 E. Washington St.
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022

I was driving from NYC to Cleveland, broke down about an hour from my destination, and Euro Motorsports was able to get my 1982 300D back on the road. Fair pricing, and very friendly to boot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone in need of an Indy mechanic on the west side should check out Iannelli Autocars in North Ridgeville.

I enjoy working on my car but if I don't have the time or the repair is outside of my skill-set then I'll have Iannelli perform the service. I'm always impressed by their prices and more importantly their service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just want to recomend Mercedes of North Olmsted. They are the number one volume mercedes dealer in the midwest so I am sure I am not the only one who thinks they are great. Every service experience is great, they only keep their free loaners for 5k miles so you always get the latest model. The dealership also owns a porsche, saab, and lotus dealer all right next to each other so they have experience with luxury cars. They also own north olmsted performance which is also next door which deals with aftermarket accessories for MB and other high quality german imports. They open at 7am and close at 7pm and have saturday hours. the SA's are very friendly and knowledgeable. They also offer more items with their service such as free MB wipers with the service a,b,c and a free wash with every service.
MB Bedford is a joke.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd like to second the recommendation of The Swedish Solution in Orange Village. They're honest and friendly, and more reasonably priced than the dealer.

However, if you feel the need to get your service done at a dealer, Leikin in Willoughby is top-notch (but, it won't be cheap).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anybody know of a good yard or any local source at all for W126 parts? I'm located in Canton but will drive to the Cleveland area. Also, it's been a while since many of these referrals were made so can anybody suggest a good mechanic for my 560SEL in NE Ohio?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Does anybody know of a good yard or any local source at all for W126 parts? I'm located in Canton but will drive to the Cleveland area. Also, it's been a while since many of these referrals were made so can anybody suggest a good mechanic for my 560SEL in NE Ohio?
If you are looking for a good mechanic....I have used Mercedes Benz of North Olmstead for about 18yrs for my '88 560SL.They have changed hands a few times over the years, and I personally don't care for the new owner, but if you do go there, ask for Ted Oldfield to be your mechanic...he personally owns 4 or 5 older MB's, and knows his stuff. He is real close to retirement, so if he is not available, ask for Sean...he really knows his stuff also on our older cars. They are on the high side price wise...duh...dealer...but I do feel comfortable there..also great parts department with knowledgeable friendly guys.
My second choice would be Lannelli Auto Cars...North Ridgeville,Ohio. It's a nice family owned business...Rob, the son of the owner is very knowledgeable, and super friendly...they know their stuff as well. Their prices are a bit more reasonable than MB of NO...hope this gives you an update for northeast Ohio....

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you are looking for a good mechanic....I have used Mercedes Benz of North Olmstead for about 18yrs for my '88 560SL.They have changed hands a few times over the years, and I personally don't care for the new owner, but if you do go there, ask for Ted Oldfield to be your mechanic...he personally owns 4 or 5 older MB's, and knows his stuff. He is real close to retirement, so if he is not available, ask for Sean...he really knows his stuff also on our older cars. They are on the high side price wise...duh...dealer...but I do feel comfortable there..also great parts department with knowledgeable friendly guys.
My second choice would be Lannelli Auto Cars...North Ridgeville,Ohio. It's a nice family owned business...Rob, the son of the owner is very knowledgeable, and super friendly...they know their stuff as well. Their prices are a bit more reasonable than MB of NO...hope this gives you an update for northeast Ohio....
Thank you sir! Any info on junk yards/used parts/rare parts etc? I've never found a single W126 in any local parts yards.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thank you sir! Any info on junk yards/used parts/rare parts etc? I've never found a single W126 in any local parts yards.
I really wish I could help you out on that one...with dyi stuff I usually am able to find any part I need online, or at the dealer...don't know of any junk yards in the area that would have that stuff..but then again, I never looked...Good luck my friend!!! ... nice weather in the last few day, huh?... spring should be soon...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Might want to check Inter City Auto parts on Northfield Road in Bedford, Oh.
You might also get some help from Brim's Used parts. They are in central Ohio.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I want to Second a post on Ianelli motors in north Ridgeville. Very professional, clean and no pressure service. Rob the son of the owner is very good at Mercedes, they have star SDS. Prices are very good. I took my SL 550 and ha da great experience. The dad is a Porsche master mechanic but the son is BMW and Mercedes guru.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts