Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have an offset of 35 on our w210's, just wanted to know if an offset of 42 could work as well. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Stock

et is actually 41-----
so 42 is okay if maintaining stock diameter and width.
You drop to et35 when you go to lower profile tires and more wide:thumbsup:
drop further to et35 rear and et31 front for staggered wheel and tire fitments like E55 set up.
:bowdown:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ohlord, so do you think this will work?

Model: ADR INTERSPEED

- Size: 18x7.5

- Offset: +42

- Bolt Pattern: 5X112/110

- Finish: Gloss Black w/ Machine L

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Cheap wheels

I think made for front wheel drive imports like acura:eek:
Others may chime in however I think those asian wheels use different lugs.Besides you would have a bunch of unused holes for the dual pattern rims.
Going to 18's are you prepared to spend the money to get it set up correctly?
:bowdown:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to be wise about it. I was also strongly considering these:

BOLT PATTERN: 5x112
NUMBER OF BOLTS: 5
OFFSET: 35
RIM BRAND: Element
RIM SIZE: 18
RIM MATERIAL: Alloy
RIM STRUCTURE: 1 Piece
RIM WIDTH: 8.5J

eBay Motors: 18" Mach Silver Wheels Rims Mercedes 5-112 AMG Style (item 290202409523 end time Feb-04-08 20:23:00 PST)

ohlord, I must say I always look for advice from you on such issues. I have to buy 4 new rims and tires so I was just looking to see what would look ok, no 19's or 20's just a step up from 16's and still keep a clean look.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks JOE, I like the finish. They also carry them in Chrome, but I think the Machine finish will look better. I also think for the price its a cheaper upgrade then real AMG or Lorinzer rims. I have 2 other sets of rims I have laid my eyes on, but these just keep pop'n back in my head.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
One of

the members has 17's mono design with nearly new tires with rims in good shape for 700 bucks.His post is someplace in the last week,might have been moved to the classifieds.
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
6,019 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
What up sly,

I have the 2 piece Lorinser LM1's on my car. (18x8.5 , 18x9.5) I have always loved them, but they are heavy!

I have chrome and am so friggin tired of cleaning them its nuts! Polished looks sick if you ask me, so save yourself the headache.

For the record, if done right these rims look better in 20's on our car assuming you've lowered it correctly. Good luck brotha. Id like to see how it looks when your done.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JOE is right, Sandro, I used to like Chrome rims allot until every body and there granpappy had a set of 20's on mini vans and Walmart spinners. As time went by my taste have changed and I decided to invest some time looking at various rims looking for the right clean look. There are three ways anybody can go with rims. OEM, Sporty or Lux. With the W210 AMG sporty is the right choice, clean OEM look with an extremely clean flawless W210 in the right color with make it stand out the right way. Slightly modded lux upgrades will keep the W210 looking good. Grey, and Dark color W210's in my opinion look good with full body rims, pref machine finish. Sad to say as much as I like blacked out rims, I haven't seen any that attracted me to them. If your going Chrome, AMG, Lorinser and Carlssons look good but with the right Calipers and Rotors including the right set of pads to prevent dust build up.

I saw a S-Class yesterday with Lorinser rims 20" yesterday that looked like the lady took them off-roading. She just needed to change her pads. Also no matter what I go with I will wax the rims before applying for easier cleaning. I wont be lowering the car because the miles are too high to play with anything like that and I don't plan on keeping her for long. I'm still looking around and will post pics once I make up my mind. I just need to make sure I am spending my money correctly because I just had a sports injury that needs my full attention.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts