Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1976 U1500 AG
321 Posts
Damn I want an MBtrac. Would trade my Case 2290 any day for one. Too bad they are all on the other side of the pond.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One sold last year at Richie bro's in Ontario. Actually more of them than you' think in NA. I think Mike Rowe has/had a few.

There's a really nice one for sale in the UK right now..1300 with reverse drive.

·
Banned
'02 UNIMOG® UGN. until its deleted or passes scrutineering.
1,826 Posts
My buddy who is selling his 1300L had one.

We used one to load my sander when I bought it. A farmer close to me has one, except he don't let no one drive it.

Under different circumstances, l would pick one up, but 500.210 makes more sense for my use. The MB's are pretty comfortable too.

·
Registered
1976 406
496 Posts
Those with reverseable steering are really neat. Anybody know which models of MB Trac have this option? Are they drive by wire, are they pure hydraulic steering, or are they something more mechanically complicated?

BWSwede

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those with reverseable steering is really neat. Anybody know which models of MB Trac have this option? Are they drive by wire, are they pure hydraulic steering, or are they something more mechanically complicated?

BWSwede
Some pictures of the rotating drivers console.

I **think** it was the later, and larger series, 443's (1300Turbo,1400Turbo,1600Turbo Intercooled, and 1800Turbo Intercooled) that had the option.

Steering was hydrostatic on those models with reverse drive (possibly the others, but I can only comment on the reverse drive at the moment) and transmission was fully pneumatically shifted.

From a poorly translated German book:

Lead frame from rolled U-profile with pipe Crossed Ragern
OECD geprufte all-steel safety cab for 2 people
3-point mounted, tiltable seithch
AuSenplanetenachsen with differential locks, identical front and rear
with torque tube, coil springs, TeleskopstoBdampfern, wishbone
rigidly connected to the frame, drive shafts drive
Hydr. Dual circuit drum brake with dual-circuit pneumatic transmission
compressed air-beta-saturated spring-loaded parking brake on the rear wheels acting
not selbsttatig, Rockinger 277 C, permissible. Stutz load 1500 kg, Anhangemaul forward
luftgekuhlter compressor driven via camshaft engine direktvom
Forderleistung 133/128 liters / min at 7 bar / 2400 / min content 10 and 30 liters
hydrostatic steering with two steering cylinders and separate pump
W8x36 / W 13x30

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 406
496 Posts
Very clever. Thanks for posting the pic's.

BWSwede

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Code S04, Operators stand, revolving.

And a shot of the steering gear on the reverse drive models (again, possibly others, but the model I selected had reverse drive)

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 406
496 Posts
Thanks Trev. I'll keep that code handy for the day my ship comes in.

BWSwede

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make mine a green on green U1600 intercooled (1800 would be nice but 1600 is more common) with all the goodies. :)

This 1500 video is one of my favourites

·
Registered
1976 U1500 AG
321 Posts
Damn, I need one with rotating operator's station. Who want to buy my mog? No, no, now accepting donations!

·
Registered
Vehicle: 1397 Portative Organ Normally Aspirated....U411, U2450,463 300GD
1,499 Posts
There is a restored 1800 on mobile.de right now. It can be yours for the low low price of 139,000 Euros.:D. Looks like the MBtrac holds it's value-even un-restored with high hours.
I think I need one too...

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is a restored 1800 on mobile.de right now. It can be yours for the low low price of 139,000 Euros.:D. Looks like the MBtrac holds it's value-even un-restored with high hours.
I think I need one too...

Not bad, the original BASE price ion 1990:

List Price MB-trac 1800 (443.166) - 152,440

With a few essential options it jumped to: 192,027

There's also a nice 1600 turbo for a more reasonable 43k EUR ;)

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it grew (sort of) into this, the WFtrac. Still Mercedes powered. Screw the rotating operation station, we got a full (270°) rotating cab now!

Powerful and efficient
The propulsion system features a Mercedes MTU 6-cylinder powerplant (238 HP, 7.2 liters of displacement, 850 Nm of torque) and, with a top speed of 50 km/h, it is faster than any other forestry vehicle when on the road. The WF trac incorporates modern AdBlue and SCR catalytic converter technology for conformity with EUROMOT 3B. This translates into a fuel savings of between 15 and 20 percent, or an especially economical 0.5 liters per solid meter.
Flexible and economical
The continuously variable, power-splitting S-Matic transmission provides 75 percent more tractive force than its predecessor; with no direct ratio between engine and travel speeds, it allows extremely economical highway operation at 1,450 rpm and 40 km/h. Your advantage: an ideal relationship between speed and tractive force, extreme economy and optimal operating efficiency with uninterrupted power transfer. And the transfer case, completely developed and manufactured by Werner, allows integration of a transmission PTO shaft or live PTO shaft, with full engine power as an option.
But looking at even the 1991, last generation, full suspension, fully synchronized gearbox, front and rear PTO and power lift, lots of hydraulic outlets front and back, reverse drive, available tipper box, available FEL, equal size front and rear tires, thing was quite ahead of its time. Rear driveshaft was not enclosed in a torque tube so they could be extended (like the U500), quite a few were made into lime spreaders.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 84 Posts