Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1999 SL500
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My OEM Xenons are not adjusting after I installed H&R lowering springs. Is there a sensor / switch somewhere to calibrate? The lights come on but don't raise up like they used to before I put the springs on.

· Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,129 Posts
Unless you managed to disconnect something or hit something by accident, then I don't see how the lowering springs could affect the auto-adjusting headlights. Probably just a red herring...

On cars with ADS, for example, the car can jack itself up and down by larger margins than the difference your lowering springs made, and the lights work fine no matter what position the car is in. :dunno:

· Registered
1999 SL500
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the two things are related either but I would still like some help on the system itself and what to check for. Maybe I did hit something by mistake. Thanks.

· Registered
97 500SL
20 Posts
mrmdmoore... xenons on my '97 are controlled by a front and rear sensor module. The front one is on the inside passenger side fender skirt near the oil filter housing. (I haven't looked for the rear one but Alldata has a diagram) It is a potentiometer with a pitman arm assembly that connects to a suspension member; it monitors vehicle height and sends a signal to the headlight adjustment motor. Check for a disconnected mechanical link on front and rear sensor.

· Registered
1999 SL500
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. The problem was that the sensor on the front sway bar was out of ajustment. It didn't get hooked back up correctly when the sway bar was removed to try to isolate my creaking noise. Just bad timing that it was done at the same time as installing the lowering springs.

· Registered
ML320, 1998. SL500, 2001, 230.000 +mls
268 Posts
self adjusting head lights

Hi all.

I am havind a problem with the self adjusting head lights.
Sometimes they are too low, other times I am aiming att three tops.
Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.