Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I found a member's picture as a picture to show you guys which wheel I'm talking about, and I would ask him but he hasn't been active on the forums here for over a year.

My question is this: What wheel type are these wheels, like what would they be called (et##)?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/w210-e-class/138632d1187380319-official-w210-e-class-sticky-pictures-imgp0122-768-x-576-.jpg

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/w210-e-class/138643d1187390639-official-w210-e-class-sticky-pictures-imgp0111-768-x-576-b.jpg

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gotta give this guy credit, these wheels look really good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know? I believe they are w211 wheels of some sort.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
I think those are SL wheels. I know they are not 211 wheels.

BTW, the "ET" has nothing to do with what they are called. The ET refers to the offset for the particular wheel and is followed by a two-digit number that specifies the offset.

Cruise around the SL forum and pics and see if they show up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you guys know/think that there would be any spacing issues/extra equipment that would need to be added to assure proper fitment?

Thanks,

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Do you guys know/think that there would be any spacing issues/extra equipment that would need to be added to assure proper fitment?

Thanks,
To answer that would require more knowledge, including the offset of the SL wheels (you could ask the ebay seller to check) as well as the car you intend to put them on.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
The offset's 40, and for a w210 as pictured above.
At the very least you will need custom lug bolts with the ball seat to match the wheel and the threads to match your hubs.

I am also willing to bet you will need spacers, probably 10mm, but perhaps a bit more or less.

If you REALLY want these wheels on your W210, then source them and you can then measure for spacers properly so you don't get bigger than you need. Then you can figure out how long a bolt you'll need to properly secure them. Good spacers are not cheap, though custom lugs aren't too expensive unless you need them really long (which you shouldn't).

Personally I'm not a fan of spacers, nor of 18" wheels on the E-class. The extra centrifugal mass makes the acceleration more sluggish and it also impedes braking performance, not to mention a significant increase in ride harshness.

I went this route some years back with my W210. In the end I settled for the great looking split-spoke 17" ones that were on the original W211 E500. Direct fit for any of the W211 wheels, all you need are custom lugs which are about $70 with shipping. BTW, if you have 210 questions/issues, the folks in the W210 forum are packed with knowledge and the stickies carry a wealth of information.

Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks I didn't realize that I had not thanked you for your help. I also didn't want ou to think that A) I was unappreciative, or that B) I didn't even see the response that took you some time to research and type up for me.

Thanks again,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts