Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have oem headlights with a hid kit and am planning on getting the projector headlight with hid. question is i was wondering if the light on the projector is stronger or weaker or the same than the oem headlight. Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay thanks is that a picture of your damaged hood? looks like its not closed all the way?
any other comment about the projector headlight is appreciated

·
Registered
87 Posts
My opinion with the quality of projectors versus OEM is that the projectors are better lighting than the OEM. I'll never go back to OEM. +1 on the cool look factor.

·
2,594 Posts
i personally dont think there is much difference. a HID bulb of any kelvin (4300, 5000, 6000) etc will output the same lumens in any enclosure. the projectors physically look better and have a sharper cut off, but output is the same. (if the headlights are aimed CORRECTLY).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-aim your headlights after installing HID's. ive seen so many people blind me with poorly adjusted HIDs, maybe fine for halogen but as soon as the light output increases you generate more glare. re-aiming them fixes it no problems..... see guide below!

simple to do, no special tools and takes about 10min. i didnt realize how much glare mine generated until someone drove my car and i was in front of them. re-adjusted them and perfect....

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
yes, my hood is bent a little bit, I'll try to fix it if posible, otherwise I''ll buy another one. I made my HALOs my running light, another cool thing about this headlights and yes-light has a sharper cut off. I had to buy H1 HID bulbs ($23 e-bay), because my H7 did not fit new headlights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Tosha,
I am considering swapping out my OEM headlights with projector lights. Will you please tell me what part number, where to purchase them, and any other information I will need to know about the projector lights. Also if you still have the OEM lights, how much would you sell both of them for. I will appreciate your help.
Thanks, Rolando

1 - 9 of 9 Posts